Chapter 2 - The gangs all back together

As the morning sun arose Richie started to wake up. He couldn't remember the last time he has slept this well. His eyes fell upon his companion who was still fast asleep and spooning him.

He felt warm inside as he was once again reminded for the feelings he had for one his best friends. Richie cuddled more against him and watched him sleep for a while being happy that he was alive. He was alive and this hadn't been a dream. After a while though he got up and called the others to inform them that Eddie was okay.

The person in question was now slowly waking up himself. He was still pretty drowsy as he looked around the room. "Richie?" He was worried that the other had left him. Even if he was physically getting better he wasn't okay with being alone after everything that had happened. "Richie?!" He was starting to get worried as Derry was hell and he just wanted to be sure that the other was okay.

After he had seen him nearly die being captured by the dead lights he was scared. He didn't want to lose him and had thought he did. But to his delight he came through the door.

"Eddie?! Is everything okay?" He ran into the room and got to his bed.

Eddie just nodded. "Yeah. Sorry I was just worried and- sorry."

"Hey, there's no need to apologize. I was just telling the others that you woke up and they're all on their way here." The other smiled softly and took his hands in his. "I'm okay and so are you. We're okay."

Though okay wasn't good and they would probably need a long time to be good but they we're safe for now and that was all that mattered.

"On top of that you can't get rid of me that easily I mean I'm your stepdad." He winked at him and got hit in the arm for his stupid joke.

The two just sat there for a while, Richie never leaving his side and joking to make him laugh. Even if it was cheesey everything he wanted to see and hear right now was his dumb laugh.

In the evening Beverly and Ben arrived as they were the closest to Derry at that moment.

Bev ran into Eddie's room. She lightly pushed Richie away and hugged Eds. "Thank God, you're alive! I'm sorry I didn't stay. I just couldn't see you like that." She held on to him for a long time just being relieved and ecstatic.

Ben gave him a shorter hug afterwards and smiled widely at him. "Man, I'm so damn happy you're alright! I can barely believe it."

Richie smiled he was glad that they started to gather back in Derry for a more happier reason than last time. He still hated that shithole but it was great that they were together again.

Eddie was glad as well he felt so welcomed and loved and just kept on wondering how the hell he could have forgotten such great friends.

Ben and Bev then went out for dinner and brought Richie something to eat since Richie refused to leave with them and insisted on staying with Eddie. He had a hard time eating normally as he had eaten tiny portions in a long time. It wasn't as drastic as an eating disorder but it sure hindered him from eating the whole meal. He had been grieving he still was as Stan wasn't with them but at least he only had to mourn one person now.

Richie also had a problem with throwing up. Again it wasn't like bulimia it was more of a stress thing. He couldn't handle stress and extremely negative emotions like this which was one reason he threw up after Mike had called him that faithful day.

Bev and Ben had spend the evening with them before returning to their hotel rooms. Richie stayed like he had for over a month. He slept with Eddie in his hospital bed like the night before. Though this time he was the big spoon holding Eddie close just like he did when he carried him out of Neibolt street.

His Nightmares returned this night shaking him awake. He forced himself not to scream like usual to not wake up Eddie. After he climbed out of bed he felt nauseous. His hands shot in front of his mouth as he ran into the bathroom where he hurled his food back up. His mouth tasted disgusting from all the vomit and it smelled awful making him throw up again.

Defeated he sank to the bathroom floor taking deep breaths to calm himself. It was fine. He was okay. He was safe. He reminded himself before flushing the toilet and drinking some water from the sink. It was fine. He got out of the bathroom again and sat next to the bed as he knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep again.

As the next morning came Beverly and Ben came back to visit Eddie. They had even brought flowers and thought about bringing some get well balloons but decided against it due to their history. That morning Mike showed up. He embraced Eddie and everyone immediately.

He came as soon as he heard and even drove through the whole night to make it quicker. "Jesus, you are tougher than you look, Eddie. To survive something like this." Mike was still unsure how he did it but in the end he didn't care. Eddie was okay and that was all that mattered.

Richie grinned and pinched his cheek. "He is a brave little boy isn't he?" He cooed at him pretending to be his mother. The thing he enjoyed most was the annoyed look on his face. His hand was quickly slapped away though. So he pretended to be hurt. "Eddie, baby how could you? It's that bad, may I add good looking, Trashmouth's fault. I should spank him to discipline h-"

"Beep Beep Richie." Bill uttered as he stepped through the door. He looked somewhat saddened.

"Oh Billy boy what's with the long face. Eddie's alive and well. This is a reason to party! Drinks are on me!" He joked trying to get Bill to smile.

"I know and it's great." He went over to Eddie and hugged him. "I'm really glad your okay. But I was just thinking we never went to Stan's funeral. We never got to say our goodbyes."

Silence fell over the whole room. It was no secret that Bill and Stan were close. The two were the dads of the group and had a special bond. Richie sometimes even wondered if they were more than friends. But he had always shrugged it off.

"We can go visit his grave as soon as I'm allowed to leave this hospital." Eddie gave him a reassuring smile. It would be a good thing for them to say their last words. Maybe than they could move past this place for good.

Bev smiled and put one hand on Billy's shoulder. "I think that's a good idea. We can bring some flowers and light a candle."

"Yeah."