Chapter 32

Alex
I scowl as I'm forced to bow down to a fucking tyrant. I want to kill him so bad. He will pay for all he-

"Ah! Prince Alexander Washington of New York, correct?" He asks, a devilish smirk spread across his face.

"It's Hamilton," I say, surprising myself with how calm I've been(on the more outward note). I mean, you can't do much when two buff dudes are holding you back and you're as short as a Hobbit(and literally everyone around you is as tall as Gandalf).

Also, my last name is something my (adoptive)mom and dad let me keep. It reminds me who I was so I can build my foundation and be stronger after... that happened.

"Yes, yes, whatever. You're still just some orphan scum," he waves me off, scowling. He winces and his hand flies up to his face, onto the place I hit him. Yes, but I am an orphan scum who punched you in the face.

I'm sure I made quite an impression on him, I smirk to myself. But my real question: how is this guy even related to John?

"Anyways," he says snobbishly. "Now onto the matter of... my son." He says the word with such disgust you can smell it from here.

But that can't stop me from smiling at the mention of him.

He continues, slightly hesitant, careful about choosing his words. "I know a young man such as yourself must have been with many ladie-"

"Yes, I am a homosexual, if that's what you were wondering," I boldly cut in. "You see, I love my woman how I love royalty like you."

He ponders that for a moment. "Classy? Ric-"

"I don't," I deadpan.

Shock is evident in his face(he's probably not used to being called out like that) and it quickly turns to anger. "How dare yo-"

I shrug. "Not everybody can love you."

"Silence!" He screams suddenly. "I've had just about enough with you and shenanigans. Let's get down to the point!"

I smile as I drive him crazy, a nice turn around from the recent events.

"What do you think of my son?"

I know he's trying to get me, to scare me. I just smirk. "Well..."

Eliza
I pad down the stairs, flattening my light blue skirt. I get down to the kitchen and find my dad reading the paper and my mom reading a cookbook, probably looking for a new recipe.

"Hello mother, father," I say sweetly. If I want something, I'm gonna have to be nice to get it.

My mom looks up and smiles at me and my father also looks up at me from his paper. "Yes?" My mother asks.

"I was wondering if Angelica, Margarita and I could go down to South Carolina for the holidays," I recite. "I can easily arrange some sort of stay at the palace so we could keep company with... the Prince and such."

My mother is the first to speak. "But... with New York's Prince missing and all, are you sure it's safe?"

Aha. I prepared for this. Well, Angelica and Peggy helped me prepare for this. They thought it was best if I did it because I usually 'get my way.' I think they're just a bit jealous.

It doesn't matter. I'm doing this for that Prince with the prettiest eyes and that beautiful smile and his politeness and sharp features and his-

"Elizabeth dear are you listening?"

"Hmm? Oh yes. The palace is very secure and safe, and if anything were to happen you'd be notified right away," I explained.

"And why do you wish to go again? Holidays did you say?" My father asks, getting up from his chair.

I nod and he leaves the room toward his office. My mother turns to me. "I think it's a great idea sweetheart and I fully trust you'll be safe down there. We just have to see what your fathers up to," she smiles.

He comes back with some mail as Peggy and Angelica come downstairs to check my progress.

"Margarita I believe these are for you," he says, passing a stack of about 4 letters to her. "I kept them in my office thinking that it was someone we didn't know and I was going to speak to you about it but... the time never arose."

Peggy cautiously took the letters and read who it was addressed from, her mouth hanging open and her face turning to a light blush.

"I guess now is an OK time. I was just wondering if this was why you wished to go to South Carolina for the holidays, seeing as someone wrote to you often. A friend of yours?" My father asks.

I take a peek at the letter, intrigued. It seems to be from a Maria Lewis. Interesting.

Peggy just nods, glancing down at the letters ever so often. There's a silence. My parents seem as if they wish to ask something but they don't.

"Well, I think you guys will have fun and be safe during the holidays. We will mail your gifts over so have fun!" Our mother says cheerfully.

Our dad nods and smiles in approval. "Go pack your things," he tells us, and we're off.

???
I watch the exchange of the King and the New York Prince from afar, thinking.

It seems like the King's trying to find out if his son and the guy in front of him were a 'thing.' But I don't think Alexander really cares about if he knows that he's basically gay for John.

They go back and forth, spitting at each other occasionally and some swear words coming from Alexander. I can't really hear it all.

Then the king scoffs and waves him away, off to the side and he turns to me.

"Hey!" The king motions to me to come over. "Come here I need a favor."

I obediently walk over to the King. "Yes sir?" I can see Alexander staring over at me quizzically.

"I need to see if my son is actually gay. You're pretty cute and hot right?" He asks, glancing over to Alex, as if asking his opinion. He just scoffs and rolls his eyes. I'm genuinely surprised that he can have that much of an attitude towards the King of South Carolina.

The King just sasses him back and gives him a cold shoulder. The amount of sass... He turns back to me.

"Anyways. I want to conduct a kind of... experiment if you will. I need to confirm if my son is... a homosexual. Do whatever it takes. If he's gay, we don't need him."

I nodded. "Yes sir, whatever it takes."

I don't need to look to feel the menacing death glare from the Prince of New York.