3.

7:15
westview park
february 14th
--
momo+jihyo+sana+jeongyeon

"i know you said what you said momo but..."
"she's looks so cool." jihyo and sana say in unison.
"god you guys are just as bad as me." i say, rolling my eyes. "yah! it's valentine's day give us a break!" the girls say, not breaking their focus on jeonghyeon. she was talking to a friend (i think his name is hyunjin) intently, as her feet dangled off the swing she was sitting on. "ok guys, but it's literally 7 in the morning. let school start, damn."

"ok, geez!" sana says, getting up and going into the school building, dragging jihyo with her. "we'll just do it in 4th period."
god were these girls obsessed. i don't even understand why. they know literally nothing about jeonghyeon, other than her decent fashion sense.

ok...it was kinda cool.

but still.

she's a jerk for spilling that milkshake on me nonetheless.

that was my favorite dress. everybody called me choco shake for the rest of middle school. am i childish for holding a grudge this long? maybe. but will i stop? no. but just as i'm about to follow after sauna and jeehoe, a familiar voice stops me.

"momo?" jeongyeon says, asking as if she really didn't know it was me. "u-uh...momo machine broke." "oh stop, now i know it's you!" she exclaims, firmly turning me completely around by my waist."what do YOU want?" i say, moving her arms, unamused by her enthusiastic greeting. "ouch..." jeongyeon responds, her smile growing rather than fading. "that was a bullet to the heart." she fake cries. "well, you deserve it. i have nothing to say to you." i declare, storming off. she makes me so frustrated sometimes. this is exactly why i wanted to stay away.

even though i was already aggravated early on in the morning due to jeongyeon and my best friends' obsession with her, i wasn't gonna let that ruin my day. today is finally the day jaebeom will know how i feel about him. hopefully everything works out, considering this is something i've been working up to for all these years.
--
11:15
westview high
mrs. kim's class
february 14th
--
momo+jaebeom+jeongyeon

"where the hell is jihyo?" i say, as i see she isn't in class by the time i got there. "she's always in class before me..." "alright class! settle down." mrs. kim shouts, as i was walking back out, shutting down my chance to go look for jihyo.

after half an hour of mrs. kim's endless talking, she finally let us give out or valentine goodies. i fix my glasses and slowly walk over to jaebeom, not realizing he's actually walking to me. when we meet i accidentally bump into him, knocking all of my books down simultaneously.

way to go momo.

"o-oh sorry jb-b." "it's all good. no worries." he responds, fixing his hair while just looking at me as i pick up my books. "listen...there's something i've wanted to ask you...for a long time." i manage to say, looking down. "i actually have something to get off my chest, too." jaebeom says, still looking at me. he raises my face, lifting me up by my chin, inching closer to me. this had to be a dream. was this really happening? this is my chance!

"do you think you could score me a date with jihyo?" he says, smiling at me.

my heart immediately broke. my face began to turn bright red and inflamed with anger but also sadness. of course it was too good to be true. but i'm too stupid to stop trying.

"u-um sure! i'll try to hook you guys up." i say, holding back the burning tears that were about to fall.

"thanks, mo." he says, sliding a piece of gum into his mouth. "so what was it you wanted to say?" he asks, not really paying attention as he laughs at something that popped up on his phone.
"n-nothing." i lie, quickly wiping my eyes. "don't worry about it." i mutter, running out of the room.