chapter 4: the cellar

I hit the floor. I got up, noticing the tooth was not damaged by the fall. I turned around to see Bobby smiling at me. I looked around the room to see it was similar to the Basement I was just in, but was covered in Cobwebs and looked much older. It was like one of those old Cellars from horror movies.

...God, please don't do this to me.

We continued to the next room, where Spiders appeared. Naturally, like 99.9% of all children I freaked out at first, firing tears in every direction (The only child who would have remained calm in this situation was either Bruce Wayne or had no childhood.) Eventually, all the spiders were dead. I stopped to catch my breath, when suddenly a chest appeared in the middle of it. I went up to it, my natural instinct being to open it. Inside was a bomb.

Now, mom told me Bombs were dangerous and were never good. They killed people. Considering mom is trying to kill me now, I may as well throw her advice out the window. I stored the bomb away in Hammer-space (That's what I called it. It just disappeared. I had no Idea where it went.) I then continued onto the next room.

In the next room, there were upside-down heads...With Fangs!...And Arachnid Legs!

Don't you just love this type of situation?

I was getting pelted with the cruel monstrosities. They came at me from all directions. I was knocked to the ground, and one finally lunged at me. This would be the end..

..but the end never came.

I opened my eyes to see all the creatures dead on the floor and the doors reopened. I blinked, making sure this was real. I also saw something in the center of the room.

It was a note, a key, and a lock of black hair.

I picked up the note to read it.

Dear Brother,

I know this may not seem like much, but take it as a gift from one to another. If you survive the spiders, meet me in the cave below.

Your Sister.

Wait, I have a sister? Wait, someone else is down here? WAIT, THERE'S A CAVE BELOW THE BASEMENT?

I was at least glad I wasn't alone in this damp underground. I continued into the next room(After grabbing my Key). After shooting down some spiders, I saw another door. It was Golden, but it was locked. I inserted the key, unlocking the door. I wandered inside, not knowing what could lie ahead.

On the pedestal was a bird, and another note. I looked at the bird. It seemed dead, but knowing what was going on, I doubted that. I then decided to read the note.

If you are reading this, you are at least more competent then the others who have ended up down here. We are all her children, who she sacrifices to her Sick Version of God. Take my bird. He will assist you in the fight up a head, and lead you to me when you reach the caves.

With Love,

Your Sister.

This was getting weirder and weirder by the second. I have other siblings? Could there be others besides me and this sister who are wandering this basement, wondering if it'll be Mom or the Monsters that do them in? I decided not to think too much about it, and went over to the bird. As I touched it, it came to life, giving a roar that scared the absolute crap out of me. It then flew over my head and fell asleep on top of my head.( Or it died, I can't tell the difference.)

With a new trio, we now headed to the next room. In it, we encounter some giant Spiders. Me and Bobby began laying waste to them, but they split into multiple spiders and began biting me. Almost as if detecting this, the bird came to life with another roar, and began to unleash utter Hell upon the spiders.

I stared at it in awe as it finished the job so easily.

It flew back onto my head to presume its previous slumber, and I then went over to this strange, blue rock nearby. It had an X on it, but I couldn't figure out what it was for. I sat for a minute, thinking, when I realized X marks the spot. I then began to rage as I had no Pick or Shovel to break it open, and punched at it. Then, out of nowhere the bomb decided to return to blow up the Rock. Inside it, was a Silver Heart. I picked it up and felt my strength increase.

And then, I walked into the next room.