Chapter 1: A Painful Awakening

Before we begin, I'd like to just clarify something. Sans's dialogue will NOT be all lowercase. While I am aware that this is how he speaks, typing out his dialogue and not capitalizing it will crush my inner Grammar Nazi. Just a heads up.
On the bright side, I will be writing Papyrus's dialogue in full capitals, so don't worry about that. Enjoy!

***********************************

Storms covered the sky. The bright stars and the full moon, hidden behind a swarm of darkness as the rain began to fall on the City of Ebott, now nicknamed the 'Town of the Humans and Monsters'. City lights could still be seen all around. Despite the rain, many were outside, socialising with their friends and colleagues. Restaurants were open and the shops were selling. The televisions were all showing the newest episode of "So You Think You're a Superstar?" featuring the world famous performer Metatton himself as a judge.

On the outskirts of town, a large house resided, devoid of light with the exception of two nightlights, one showing both monster and human SOULs, and the other showcasing the words "COOL DUDE" across the room. This was the home of Frisk's monster family. While struggling at the start, the monsters realised that G's were valuable on the human world, with an excellent exchange rate of $270 per G. This allowed the monsters to buy their homes on the Surface, and were quickly able to adapt to human life. Frisk, the saviour of the monsters, suggested that their monster family should all buy a house together. While Toriel was a bit reluctant at first, what with having to share the home with her ex-husband Asgore, she agreed, and the monsters were able to purchase the small mansion from a elderly kind-hearted human, who passed away a few months after. The residence had ten rooms, six of these occupied and four as spare bedrooms for whatever reason. The residents were all sleeping peacefully. All, save for one monster who was still awake and unable to escape to blissful sleep. The monster wore a plain white shirt and short black pants with a stripe running down the sides. Instead of a face, the monster had a skull, with two small glowing orbs in the place of eyes. The monster was a skeleton. A skeleton by the name of Sans. He often had trouble sleeping at night because his mind was always active, never stopping to rest. Because of this, the skeleton had no easy chance to sleep. Placing his pillow over his head, he shut his eye sockets and tried to force himself to sleep.

"This world will live on!" Undyne the Undying proclaimed, her entire body melting away to a puddle of goop. Even with this, she still smiled in defiance at her killer, knowing that they would be killed by the King of the Monsters with the power of the souls. With this thought, she closed her eyes, as the world around her faded to black...

With a start, the former Captain of the Royal Guard broke out of sleep, breathing heavily as sweat rolled down her face. Next to her, the ex-Royal Scientist woke up, disturbed by her partner.
"Undyne? W-what happened?" she asked with her stuttering voice, noticing the state her girlfriend was in. A year of dating, and she still couldn't believe it happened, nor could she get used to the fact that such an amazing monster would want to be with her, a screw-up. She had so much to thank her for. Undyne helping her gain her confidence back was one of them.
With a startled expression, Undyne turned to her girlfriend, feeling guilty about waking her up.
"Heh. It's nothing. I can't actually remember what happened." She replied honestly in her tough Guardsman voice, the memory fading fast. She stopped. Memory? That couldn't be possible. It was just a terrible nightmare, one she hadn't had in a long time.
"If y-you're sure." Alphys yawned, sleep rushing over her. Undyne cuddled up to her, kissing her on her forehead as she also tried to sleep. If it happened again, she would just suplex it.
It's strange though, she thought, why would I think it was a memory?