Chapter 5: Revelations

Guess what time it is?

*cue groans from audience*

Welp. I just wanted to thank you guys for your support so far. Honestly, I had no idea how this was going to pan out. There may not be many of you, but you're there, and that matters.

I may have school again *groan* but that won't stop me from publishing!

Apart from exams. That problem's like the battle against Sans, but I'll cross that bridge later.

Enjoy!

***********************

The cool breeze whipped at Sans, causing him to lower his speed. Because of his low HP, travelling at speeds exceeding 200 Kilometres per Hour was dangerous as the wind speed could reach damaging levels, unless he expended more magic to form a protective shield. He estimated that he would arrive at the house in a minute. For a mind like his, it was enough to dwell on his next move. So far, they only knew about his nightmares and magic attacks. That was okay, as he could find something to explain it. The tricky part was his low HP. Sans clenched his fists at that thought. There was an obvious reason for not telling them about his HP, along the lines of 'overprotectiveness', especially from Toriel. Although, he thought in hindsight, that didn't seem like such a bad thing. Shaking the thought from his head, he reflected on what they didn't know, like the RESETs or about...

The experiments.

Without warning, his magic stopped. Gravity pulled him down at an incredible speed. Sans tried to engage Flight of Blue, but he couldn't. Thinking fast, he tried to summon a Gaster Blaster. Next to him, a large draconic skull appeared, staring at him in worry. He commanded it to come towards him, matching his exact speed. The blaster obeyed. The ground was coming closer, and Sans knew he didn't have much time. When it was close enough, Sans grabbed hold and made it fly upwards in a gentle curve. The skull executed the order flawlessly, removing the velocity Sans gained from the fall. Suffering no damage, Sans returned to the skies. He let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Thanks bud." The skeleton spoke, patting the blaster affectionately. It grinned at him in a surprisingly adorable way, making a cute 'yelp' in reply.

"What just happened?" He asked himself, activating his eye. He summoned his Blue Magic, targeting it so it enveloped his hand. He made a few mental tests on it, studying it thoroughly, and came to a result. It was all to do with his mental capacity. Flight of Blue was an ability that required immense mental concentration, as well as physical manipulation of the technique at all times. Henceforth, if there were events that affected Sans greatly, such as past memories that were especially painful to him, it could break his concentration, as he had just learnt about, the hard way. He may be a genius with a Ph.D., but he wasn't invulnerable, a fact he painstakingly knew. Thinking about those sorts of things was liable to getting him killed. He chuckled.

"You really know how to make things dramatic huh?" Sans said, facing the author.

*************

*cracking sounds appear*

Author: What the Rune?

*sees a huge crack in The Fourth Wall*

Author: *panics*

Author: WHERE'S THE DUCT TAPE?!

*runs out*

*pops back in*

Author: Yes. I meant Duct Tape, not Flex Tape.

A few minutes later