Chapter 2: Answers

Hey! It's me again! Before the story begins, there's is something very important I must tell you.
This is my own Undertale story, so there will be a lot of changes. The main story will be similar to the actual story canon, but there will be many other changes like the actual time the monsters were sealed in the Underground. This is to make my story more interesting and also to save me a lot of time trying to figure out good ideas. Please trust me, I will try my best to make it an awesome quality book.

************************************************************************************

"OKAY. I'LL TELL YOU ALL THAT I CAN." Papyrus spoke, his powerful voice absorbed into everyone's ears. The family had all gathered onto the buffet table, each sitting in their respective place. The day had barely began, and there had been more action than a Tokyo Ghoul battle scene. Instead of tea, Asgore chose to hand out coffee to everyone, giving Frisk a cup of hot chocolate with miniature star marshmallows. For Papyrus, Asgore had given him a mug of full cream milk, his favourite kind. Sans was stable, taking heavy breaths in his sleep over and over despite not needing to breath in the first place. Papyrus had explained that it was a coping mechanism of his, and many times after he suffered a panic attack, he would often be seen sitting down on the couch, taking heavy breaths over and over, muttering in gibberish to himself.

"EVERY TIME I WOULD GO TO CHECK ON HIM AFTER THOSE ATTACKS, HE WOULD SMILE AT ME, CLAIMING THAT HE COULDN'T REMEMBER WHY HE HAD WOKEN UP IN THE FIRST PLACE. IT WORRIES ME." Papyrus had said. Toriel was shock. This kind of behaviour resembled Chara in a way, but while Sans would deny it, Chara would shout at them, staying far away from them. Eventually, Chara had recovered, and was doing so well until...
Toriel shook her head. Now was not the time to reflect on the past. It would do her no good. At any rate, there was something else troubling her greatly. When she had carried Sans downstairs in her large furry arms and placed him on the large plush couch, she decided to check his stats. The result shocked her.

"OKAY PUNK!" Undyne suddenly yelled, shaking Toriel from her thoughts. "Tell us about Sans! What the heck happened up there?! Why was he floating in the air?! How was he using so much magic?! ANSWERS!" Undyne had been watching Sans the entire time, and the amount of magic he had been expelling in that time had shocked her. It didn't make sense! Sans was a lazy monster who probably couldn't use magic to save his life. The only reason he had been a sentry was so that he could support his brother and help him join the Royal Guard. However, he had talked to her in private, and the two agreed that Papyrus couldn't join the Guard, considering he was more likely to start a friendly conversation about spaghetti to the enemy. While she would never admit it, Undyne had some respect to a monster who would willingly man four guard stations at the same time. She never got an answer from him as to how he managed it, Alphys had explained that he had the ability to teleport and could appear anywhere instantaneously. It still didn't explain the heavy magic pressure she had felt when she had entered the room. It felt like she was on the bottom of the ocean again, the gargantuan pressure surrounding her threatening to break her entire body into splinters.
"Undyne." The calm voice of Asgore intervened. "Let Papyrus explain in time. We are all curious as to what happened with Sans." Hearing this, Undyne calmed down, respecting the decision of the Mountain King.

"THANK YOU MR ASGORE." Papyrus exclaimed, grateful for what he had done. "I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE QUESTIONS, AND I'LL WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN THEM AS BEST AS I CAN."
"SANS HAS HAD BEEN SUFFERING FROM PANIC ATTACKS FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER. USUALLY, HE WOULD JUST HYPERVENTILATE IN HIS SLEEP. BUT THERE WERE TIMES WHEN HE WOULD BREAK HIS DOOR DOWN, FIGHTING SOME UNKNOWN ENEMY OR RUNNING AWAY FROM AN IMAGINARY BEING. HE WOULD ALWAYS COVER IT UP WHEN HE COULD, MAKING TERRIBLE PUNS TO TRY AND HIDE THE FACT THAT HE HAD JUST WOKEN UP IN FEAR AND PAIN."
"THE WORST TIME WAS WHEN I WAS WATCHING METTATON'S SHOW DOWNSTAIRS ONCE. IT WAS A MUSICAL NUMBER, AND I WAS LISTENING TO IT. SUDDENLY, I COULD HEAR CRASHING AND BANGING FROM SANS'S ROOM. I QUICKLY CLIMED UP THE SAIRS, TRYING TO GET THERE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. BEFORE I REACHED THE DOOR, A WHITE LASER FLEW PAST HIS DOOR, REDUCING IT TO ASHES AND MAKING A HOLE IN THE ROOF OF THE HOUSE. I WENT INSIDE, READY TO DODGE WITH GRACE IF IT HAPPENED AGAIN. SANS WAS THERE, HIS EYE SOCKETS EMPTY OF LIGHT AS HE TURNED HIS HEAD TO ME, READY TO FIRE AT ME WITH A GIANT SKELETON DRAGON SKULL NEXT TO HIM. HIS SMILE WAS TERRIFYING, STARING AT ME LIKE HE WANTED TO TURN ME TO DUST." At that, Papyrus started to shiver, taking more sips of his milk.