[Chapter 2] Happy Birthday, Eren

[It's Erens birthday and Mikasa wants to be the first to give him something special when Midnight hits~]

Mikasa hummed softly to herself, her lips stretching into somewhat of a smile as her cheeks were dusted with a slight blush upon remembering her birthday present. It was near enough a month ago that Eren had given it to her on her birthday, but she swore she could still feel his touch everywhere.

She lightly traced her fingers along her neck and up to her lips, suddenly feeling his ghost touch burn her skin pleasurably, making herself shiver slightly.

She laughed a bit, that boy had such a hold over her and she loved it, every part. She really could say that was her best birthday ever, turning 20 definitely had it's advantages... every other birthday she had prior felt empty, meaningless. Eren definitely changed that for good from now on.

She tried to shake off her happy thoughts as she walked through the empty halls, it was late on Match 29th, around 11:30pm and she had to focus. It was a half hour before it would be Erens birthday and she wanted to surprise him the way he surprised her, not one up him exactly, but give him something just as good as he gave her.

Maybe a little better even.

She stopped in her tracks when a sudden devious idea came to mind, a sly smile on her lips. Mikasa Ackerman was never one to break the rules, but if Eren was involved in any way in the equation... Then it was a different story.

And this would definitely be worth it.

She elaborately planned her idea and made her way down to the officer's store room, looking for one think in particular.

And, of course, the only one sly enough to catch an Ackerman in the act of doing something as devious as this was, was another Ackerman...

"Oi, Brat, what are you doing in here? It's lights out." Levi spoke up, causing the younger Ackerman to jump slightly and look over her shoulder to the short male.

"Captain, I was... Uh..."

"Tch, why waste your time lying to me? We're... Family... Right?..." He raised an eyebrow, seeming to struggle coming to terms with the whole still-having-a-family-member-alive thing.

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she blushed lightly, averting her gaze from her superior. Levi narrowed his steel coloured eyes at her as he tried to come up with a logical conclusion as to why she was down here at this hour.

That's when it clicked.

He sighed "Looking for a last minute gift to Yeager, eh?"

Her eyes widened slightly, her blush darkening.

"Uh..."

"Fine. Just know that this cannot go unpunished after all. You're technically stealing."

"I accept those terms..."

"Fine. Pick something. only one thing, do you understand?"

"Yes, Sir..."

Levi nodded and she could have sworn she seen a faint smirk on the mans lips before he turned to shake his head at her for being caught in such a small act of theft and leave her alone with the storage. She sighed. As much as she hated him at the start, she eventually- after having many talkings with- understood why Levi had to hurt Eren the way he did in the courtroom that day. As much as she hated the memory of his blood on the floor- Along with his tooth- and his grunts of pain, it was better than him being killed along with her...

She shook the thought away and went back to the task at hand as she rummaged around, trying to be as quick and as quiet as possible as she could when something rang in her mind.