Happy Birthday...

As much as Mikasa tried to hide the ever growing sickening feeling that had been getting progressively- And noticeably -Worse, Eren was somewhat smart in these cases. His Father was a well-known Doctor after all. She thought she was being clever in making excuses to go to the bathroom to try and rid her aching stomach of the horrible sensation and burning in her throat, but to no avail. Eren was suspicious a couple days after his birthday, noticing the signs of illness. She did well in hiding it before then, he'd give her that.

It had been a week since his birthday, since then they had a stable intimate relationship. They always wanted to be near the other, be in close contact. Whether it was just simply holding hands innocently, or doing cheeky subtle grasps on particularly sensitive parts of the others body.

Eren had tried to bring up her being unwell, but Mikasa had always manage to brush it off or escape from it, or even distract him. She was cunning and smart, everything an Ackerman should be. But sick was not one of them. He was genially becoming worried for his lover. She was paler than usual, her lips dry and she was breaking out into random sweats and uneven and unusual eating habits. She was distant and all over him at the same time as well as getting random mood swings. It was almost like she was developing Bi-Polar Disorder.

She couldn't escape now, no matter how hard she was trying. Eren was not letting this go. They had been bickering for at least an hour now.

"Mika, please just go see Hanji..."

"Eren, I'm fine, it's nothing..."

"Would you stop with that?!" He snapped

Mikasa blinked a few times, biting her lip as she looked down.

"Stop pretending everything's fine when you're not! You've got no idea how fucking frustrating that is! Stop lying to me all the time! You're distant, then you're not. Then one minute, you're pissed off then happy. Then, you can be crazy about me and then suddenly, you're turned off?! What the hell! And don't even try to hide when you make a fake excuse to run to the nearest Bathroom to puke your guts out. I can hear you."

"E-Eren, I'm sorry, I-I..." When her shoulders started to shake and she buried her face into her scarf, he knew he'd upset her.

"Mika, I'm sorry, I'm just worried about you..." Nothing, no response "Shit..." He muttered "Mikasa... I said I was sorry, please don't cry..." He spoke softly and took a step towards her and instinctively wrapped his arms around her, his previous anger disappearing and being replaced with love and concern "Please just... Go see Hanji, no more lies or brushing me off. There could be something really wrong with you..."

"Yeah, like how I'm dating an angry German boy." She teased, smiling a little.

He laughed, she was right.

"Yeah... But promise me you'll go see her soon, I won't pressure you, I don't want you to be worse than you already are, Mika."

"Ere-"

"Please" He pleaded desperately, begging her with his eyes

She sighed in defeat. Those damn eyes.

"Fine..."

* * *

Mikasa kept to her word, and went to see Hanji when she felt a little more stable enough. Which was getting rarer now.

"Ah, Mikasa, hey" Hanji chirped, smiling once she stepped into her lab

"Hey... Uh-"

"Don't worry about a thing, Sweetie. Eren came to me before hand. He told me everything." She smiled reassuringly