❆ 1 ❆

(Colby's POV)

My warm breath creates small clouds on the ice cold window as I lean my head against it sitting in my bay window with my cat Jasper sleeping next to my legs.

I watch as snow flakes hit the window turning into water drops racing down the glass. Across the road the neighbors kids are out rolling snow into huge balls trying to make a snowman, I smile slightly seeing how happy everyone is out there.

My eyes travel away from the window looking back to the book I was reading, I look for where I left off for a second and end up groaning in frustration not being able to find it so I just close the book setting it gently on the floor.

I grab my hot tea I have sitting on the small table taking a sip humming as the sweet smell and natural flavor takes over my senses.

I look over to my door with scrunched eyebrows hearing someone running up the stairs. The foot steps stop in front of my door as it is quietly pushed open only to show my best friend Devyn there with a nervous smile. Which only confuses me more on what she's nervous about.

I pull the thick knitted baby blue blanket off me turning so my legs are hanging off the window bench as I look to her tilting my head.

"Hey Dev what's wrong?" I ask her. She just comes in all the way closing the door walking over grabbing Jasper then jumping up to where he was sitting setting him in her lap. "Okay so like you know how it's Christmas break?" She questions.

"No I just thought I was skipping school today along with everyone else." I laugh at her silly question getting comfy back under the blanket handing her one too from the basket of them I keep which she gladly takes thanking me.

"Haha real funny anyways, me and Kevin were talking about what we should do together for our break and he mentioned how most people are going on vacation right?" I just nod in response. "So what if we do our own version of a vacation??" She asks excitedly.

"What do you mean 'our own version'?" "Well glad you asked, my grandma has this beautiful cabin but it's far as hell so we were thinking a roadtrip?!?" Jasper jumps off of her getting scared by her loud happy tone. Devyn pouts watching him run under my bed hiding but quickly recovers looking back at me waiting for my answer.

"Yeah sure I'll go sounds fun." I tell her with a small smile. "Yay!! Okay this is going to be so much fun! Just us, Kevin, Mike and Jake on the open road!" She giggles jumping in her seat.

My eyes widen at the 'Mike and Jake' part. I don't know them and that's the problem. I thought this was just going to be us three no new people that I have a chance to embarrasse myself with.

My throat goes dry thinking about being stuck in a car with two strangers for hours and maybe even having to sit next to them. I have a hard time talking to people even at a family reunion and I agreed to this???

I feel myself sinking into the cushions under me just wanting to disappear from this conversation. I feel like I'm gonna pass out I physically can't do that, god you have to love social anxiety.

"Look I know you probably don't want to come now but please Colbs? come on it won't be that bad me and Kevin will be right there, your two best friends there to make sure you are okay, Jake and Mike are literally some of the coolest people I know and I know me saying that really doesn't help but I promise you you'll be okay, I really don't want to do this without you and leave you here alone. Please still come with?"

I just stare at her about to come up with a reason that I can't but I then realize that me not going will literally make my friends sad and that's the absolute last thing that I want so I just have to suck it up and deal with it.

"I- yeah, yeah okay I'll still go," I mumble looking away from her and back to outside. She squeals and pulls me into a quick hug which I return. "We are going to have a blast!! A four day trip filled with nothing but junk food, amazing friends, deep conversations that happened at like 3am and most importantly the best music ever! Brought to you by Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Harry Styles and of course 5 Seconds of Summer." She smiles jumping and dancing around the room even though there's no music.

I just laugh and throw a pillow at her which she catches throwing it back twice as hard hitting me in the arm. I gasp and stare at her grinning. "Oh it's war now!" I grab a pillow standing up she quickly grabs one off the floor. "Bring it on Brock." She laughs running out of the room. I run through the door chasing after her.

First chapter hope you guys liked it! Lots of love- B🖤
(Word Count: 891)