Cafés + Bad Ideas

Summer break, the best part of the year! Well as good as it could get here in Salt Lake City. There's no beaches or anything here! Salt Lake City is mostly known for mountains, but hey summer will still be fun.

You don't believe me?
Good.

I was just putting on an act, truth is I'm the new girl and I know absolutely nobody here. My parents decided a move right after the school year would be great. I would've tried to argue, but it doesn't matter because if you know how parents are then you understand. My oldest sister Aurora is a senior and probably the maddest out of us. She can't graduate with her friends, my youngest sister is starting her freshman year with absolutely nobody she know, and I'm starting the most stressful year, junior year, without friends to keep me together.

"Nyla, why don't you go explore the new area? You could probably meet some friends." Dad yelled up the stairs.

"Dad it's 90 degrees out and it's already the evening, I'm not walking around!"

"I'll buy you Chick-fil-a." Mom bribed.

"How come you guys bribe her, but force, me to get up" Isabell yelled from our "spot" as we call it. My parents wanted us to have a place where we can hangout with our friends. 

"Because Nyla needs to be bribed sometime, but you do things willingly" Mom yelled back.

I laughed as I walked towards the stairs just in time to see Isabella with her face scrunched up. Then a face of realization came over her faces

"You mean to tell me that if I stayed inside all day you would bribe me too." Exclaimed Isabella with a smile on her face.

"No because you already agreed to go introduce yourself to the neighbors with us." Mom proclaimed as she walked down the steps.

Isabella's face immediately turned to fake shock and she grumbled about life not being fair as she stomped up the stairs. I smiled at Aurora who was shaking her head.

"You guys are a mess."

"Wow, I see how you are."

"I'm just kidding, but while I'm talking to you."

"I'm not trying out for the volleyball team."

"You are really good. Please."

"No this year I'm going to relax. Plus I'm not going to have a lot of free time this year so I'm definitely not adding more to the list.

Aurora sighed knowing I'm right because she struggled a lot balancing school, work and volleyball.

"I know that you girls are upset about moving, but we needed a fresh start." Dad said softly.

"Plus we have better hours now and won't always be gone." Mom happily piped in.

My parents have well-paying jobs, but free time has always been a problem.
What do they do?
My mom is a Social worker and my dad he's a physician, so they have very busy jobs.

"No offense mom, but I know you guys will be very busy. It's nice to know that you guys will have more time to relax though."

"Thank you for being the understanding child that you are pumpkin." Dad said kissing my head.

"Yeah yeah, I'm going to go explore and if I happen to make a friend I will bring them home." I declared playfully.

"I'll catch up with you when you get back!" I hear Aurora yell after me.

"Call us if you need anything!"

I walked for a few minutes and didn't see anything that interests me. It just looks like a normal neighborhood. Maybe I should've brought my sister with me. I puffed out a sigh of boredom and decided to see what my friends back home are up too. I seen about five of them were hanging out at the beach today.