Chapter Eight

~Eliza's POV~

"Eliza."

"Tony."

"Why don't we start?"

I huffed, "not everybody is here yet."

Bucky smiled at me from where he was sat opposite. He strummed his fingers on the table, the left fingers making a deeper sound than the right.

"But most people-"

"I'm sorry!" Scott ran through the door, with his bag swinging around his body. He clasped a tray of drinks, and carefully placed them in the centre of the table before slumping into the chair beside Steve. "Sorry," he gasped through deep breaths. "I got drinks."

"Thank you." I reached over and grabbed the one he'd carefully labelled with my name. The others collected theirs, and settled back into their chairs.

I didn't know how to start the meeting. Bucky had spoken about gathering the group and discussing a way to find out who the people were who'd injected me. We would then find out what they planned to do with me, then go in and take them down.

Bruce squeezed my hand softly, encouraging me with a small nod of his head. I took a steady breath, then looked up. "I asked you here for a reason."

Eyes stared back at me, waiting for me to explain in more detail. "I, I'm fed up of waiting to find out why I was injected. I didn't ask for it, and the pain is too much, too often. I wondered if any of you would be willing to help me find the people who did this to me."

Steve was about to speak, but Bucky cut him off. "I've already done some research."

"You have?" The room turned to look at him, and both Sam and Steve shared a careful look.

"Yeah." He bent down, then produced a thick folder of paper, which thumped onto the table. He flicked it open, then began drawing up sheets of paper filled with writing and images. "So-"

"When did you do this?" I stared at him.

Bucky shrugged, "Pietro and I did it last night."

Pietro turned a shade of pink, his eyes worriedly flicking to mine. I frowned; I remember falling asleep with him last night, and he was still wrapped around me when we woke up this morning. The brief encounter had been awkward, but he had cracked a small smile, before leaving to get dressed.

"You did this?" I whispered.

His eyes flicked back to the papers in Bucky's hands. He nodded, and rubbed the back of his neck softly. "Bucky managed to hack some companies databases, and I managed to get in and collect the correct information."

"And all of this is about the Hulk?" Bruce pulled the attention away, aiming his question back to Bucky. My eyes didn't stray from Pietro's slightly uncomfortable fidgeting for a second, watching as his cheeks heated yet again.

"I made copies." Bucky passed the papers around the large table, and I heard Steve whistle softly as he began thumbing through the pages. I accepted mine, aware of secrets that may come to light once I accepted that this could hold the truth behind everything.

"This..." Bruce trailed off, and immediately Thor looked up, eyes scanning his face. "This isn't my Hulk."

"What do you mean?" Tony glanced up, brows furrowing as he tried to find the same page Bruce had landed on.

"The whole time I've been looking at Eliza's DNA, it's been Eliza's entwined with the Hulks. But this image of the Hulks DNA," he pointed harshly at the paper, eyes wild, "This isn't the same as mine! My Hulk, and Eliza's Hulk don't share the same strands of DNA."