1

Raegan

"Mom, Dad where are we going?" I asked as I got into my families car.

"honey, its for the best" my mom said to me.

"What is? Whats going on? Dad please tell me" I asked wondering what was going on. My mom looked at my dad then at me with sad eyes. My mom and dad got into the car and then I climbed into the back. I looked out of the window. I looked at my house, thinking it was the last time id ever see it. It was a quiet car ride so far. We left town. I still have no idea what was going on. I never took my eyes of the trees outside. I saw a building. A big white building. We turned when we saw a sign. I finally found out where my parents were taking me. A big grey sign appeared, it said "Northwest Mental Hospital". I put my head in my head.

"no, no, no, no. Mom, dad please dont leave me here" I said frantically. The car stopped in the small parking space. My dad turned of the car. My parents climbed out. My dad came to my door and opened it. He reached over and unbuckled my seatbelt. He grabbed my hand and pulled my out of the car.

"NO NO NO PLEASE DAD NO" I yelled as my dad pulled me along with him. I tryed to fight back but I was to weak. My mom opened the door to the building.

"no mom please dont let them take me" I said with sad eyes.

"Im sorry" is all she said to me. I felt tears come to my eyes. My dad let go of my wrist. I fell to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest. I rocked back and forth.

"Wake up, wake up its a dream" I repeated while shaking my head. I felt someone put a hand on my head.

"hi, its okay. Im your therapist Dr. Hughes" a male voice said to me. I looked up slowly. My parents were gone. I got up for my spot on the ground. I walked with my new therapist down the hall. I looked around the halls. I saw people in white clothing. I walked into a room with my therapist.

"take a seat" he said pointing to chairs. I grabbed the closest chair to me and sat down. I looked at my hands in my lap.

"Raegan, tell me why you think you are here?" He said pulling out a pen from his desk and getting a piece of paper.

"I dont know. Probably because my parents think im insane," I said quietly still looking at my hands.

"Anything else?" Dr. Hughes asked.

"Because my parents want me to be happy again. They want me to be normal." I said looking up at him. He got up and grabbed a white dress thing from a small closet in his office. He handed it to me.

"Put this on, ill show you your room," the doctor said to me as we got up and left the room. We past a couple rooms. I saw a boy with dark hair in room. He looked at me to. I turned my head and went into the elevator with the doctor. He pressed the number 3. We stopped and got out. He took me all the way down to the right end of the hallway. There was two beds. Was i sharing a room? Dr. Hughes unlocked the door.

"You will be sharing a room with someone," he said. I nodded and went to go sit on the bed on the right side. The doctor left. A girl walked in. She has black hair like me.

"Hi, im Daisha," she said putting her hand out so i could shake it. I shook her hand then quickly put it back in my lap.

"Hi," I said looking at my hands again. Daisha went to go sit on her bed.

"How long have you been here," she asked.

"I think 5 minutes" I said with a small laugh. Daisha laughed a little.

"Ive been here for 6 months, I was really scary at first but youll get used to it," she told me. I smiled at her.

"Wanna come to lunch with me?" She asked, I got up and nodded. We walked to the elevator. Daisha pressed the number 1 and we went down. The elevator stopped on the main/first floor. We walked out and Daisha guided me to the room where we eat. There was alot of people. All dressed in white. I saw the boy. The boy I saw this morning. I dont know his name.

"Want something to eat?" Daisha asked. I shook my head no. I followed her to a table.

"Hi, Drake," Daisha greeted the boy Ive been admiring from afar. He smiled and gave her a small wave.

"Hi" he said quietly. Daisha look at me then to him.

"What?" I said looking around then back to them.

"Arent you going to tell him who you are, you still havent told me your name" Daisha said to me.

"Im Raegan," I said quietly. Im not a loud person at all.

"Hello, Raegan," Drake said with a smile. Im falling in love with his smile already. I smiled at him.

"Afternoon group therapy is in a couple minutes, want to come with us?" Daisha asked. I nodded yes. We all got up from the table. I walked with my new friends.