Chapter 1

Naruto was running. Flying almost. The wind caressing him as he jumped and leapt.

The earthy scent of the forest around him, and the starry sky above.

The feeling of being free conquering his every emotion, ruling his very body and soul.

And yet....

The feeling of malice, hate, and every suffering under the sun followed at his heels.

If he slowed down the smidgest, it would be upon him.

Eating and biting without mercy. Reminding him of the vicious cruelty of reality.

The glares and insults. The thrown glass and rocks. The complete and utter isolation he faced everyday.

So, he must run. Enjoy his freedom until the sun rose again.

Only now is when he doesn't have to feel the denial from those of his age.

The feeling of pain and hate and fear surrounding the older population.

The hunger and thirst he had to go through.

"We ran out of breakfast, you should have come faster."

"The water is all gone, come quicker next time."

Those words with contempt eyes as he was pushed away and the next child got exactly what they said he was too late for.

Naruto wasn't as foolish as they thought he was. He understood this wasn't normal. So he watched, and observed.

He pranked them, letting the smugness of getting them back cover him even when they beat him black and blue.

He plotted and schemed, letting the hate for these mere mortals fill him. If they were going to call him a monster, a demon, then it should be for a reason.

A dark chuckling stopped Naruto at his tracks.

Even when the shadow behind him ripped him to shreds, the voice chuckled and laughed.

"You'll do. You'll do indeed."

And then he was awake, sunlight mockingly dancing against his skin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<€
I'm sorry to say that the next few chapters will be short ones.

They're, what you can call, setting the stage. So yes, be assured, the chapters will get longer. You just have to be patient.

That's all I really wanted to say, so here's an awkward goodbye because I don't know how to end this Author's Note.