Flower #18

We're currently standing inside a flower shop, when my anxieties attacked me again.

"These flowers are too beautiful. Too beautiful that I'm loosing my rights to even stand here." I said unconsciously as I stare at the elegant flowers with their fragrant smell all over the shop.

He looked at me and smiled.

"You're still a flower." He said.

"Yeah. A water lily that could never be part of this beautiful shop." I said as I roll my eyes and frown.

"Even lilies are flowers too. You may not be as beautiful as anybody else but you're still a flower. Still a girl." He said with his voice comforting my melancholic soul.

"And that's the part where I started to doubt." I said with a laugh.

Sometimes I wonder why I can't dress up like any other girls out there.

I dress myself like a male. Some says that I should wear clothes that suits my gender but I'll just roll my eyes and laugh, dodging their opinions on how I should dress myself.

And maybe that's the reason why a flower like me can't bloom and wouldn't bloom anymore.

"You're still a flower. You just need someone with appreciative eyes to see how you bloom." He replied with a smile that melts my heart.

"Still a flower but can't bloom." I said nonchalantly. Emotionless yet my eyes screaming for the creeping insecurities I have.

"Someday, someone will look at you like a cherry blossom that beautifully blooms." He said as he touch the tip of my nose.

"Then why can't it be just you?" I blurted out but suddenly covers my mouth when I realized what I said.

He smiled and melted my heart, but his words murdered me next.

"I do. But I love my girlfriend."

Realization suddenly hit me. I forgot, we're here because he asked me to help him choose the best bouquet for his girlfriend.

His girlfriend who's also a Korean like me but fortunately captured his heart. While I'm just here, standing beside him as his best friend. The kind of best friend that secretly loves her best friend, wishing for the same appreciation from him.

Written on 11/14/2019 8:32-8:52 P.M