what the hell <3

Darcie pov

I finally got home from Matthew's house. Finally back to my safe space. I ran up to my room and got ready for bed. When I sink down into my bed I don't feel the carmness I usually feel but worrying thoughts running through my head.
'Do you actually love Matthew'
'He doesn't treat you right and you know that'
'How could Matthew even like you'

What was I thinking, of course I love Matthew. I kept tossing and turning so I just gave up and grabbed my phone. As I scrolled through my for you page on tiktok I saw a familiar face pop up. Wtf was Ruel doing on my for you page. I turned the volume up and heard an angelic voice flow out of my phone.
'holy shit, he got good'
I thought to myself. I read the username @ruelforever. Why the fuck has he got a fan page. I got curious a flicked onto Instagram.
As I typed up his name a bunch of fanpages popped up, but no Ruel. I pressed into one of the edits he was tagged in but it came up as

USER NOT FOUND

Wtf did he block me. I went onto my singing account.
No one actually knew it was me but it felt good to share my voice seeming so I was to self conscious to actually sing in front of people. I typed up the user and there it was.
Damn he really glowed up ah.
I pressed on the most recent post and read the caption.
'if only you knew'
I felt a little pang in my heart, knowing he had a crush. What was that, I haven't even spoke to Ruel for 6 years and I had a loving boyfriend. I saw heaps of concert videos of him taking pictures will teenage girls and being goofy like he always was. When did this happen. I then went onto Spotify, damn I'm going full stalker mode ah. I flicked on the first song 'Golden Years'
Holy shit, he is good. I suddenly feel guilt wash over me. I never even spoke to him after that day, then I realise I did that to a lot of people. Those people cared about me and I just left them behind. I should really apologize to them, especially Ruel. Then I flash of Matthew's angry face went through my head.
Fuck...
How did I get myself into this mess.
Why couldn't my family just be normal and not be living in constant fear that my father would come back. Hard sometimes began playing and I completely broke down, which was a usual thing for me but this time was different I didn't feel numb but I felt actual pain.

Ruel's pov
Just as I was about to fall asleep my phone buzzed. I looked over and saw

@theunknownsinger followed you

Welp I was already awake so I pressed the on the account and went on the recent post

Liked by sarah.colins and others

Messages from her
Written by me and sang by me

View all comments

User1 holy moly the emotion

user2 just show your faceeeee

user3 😍😍

______________________________________

Holy crap she is so good and the meaning in the song was so sad but beautiful. When I was listening to it I thought of Darcie. I scrolled through a few more of the videos and clicked the follow button. Every single one of the songs reminded me of her. I decided to go onto her page as a daily thing I do these day.

USER NOT FOUND

What the fuck I was on her account a couple hours ago. Why would she block me! Why did this hurt me so much. She doesn't even remember me.

@darcieedwards

Liked by annapaul_ and others

try to be happy but it's hard sometimes ✨

view all comments

user1 dammnnnn

user2 just howwwww

urboimatthew stop looking so depressed all the tim
~darcieedwards I'll try

Darcie pov

I got up slowly, already hating the early mornings and it's the first day of school. I look at my phone before I head down stairs and see that Ruel followed my singing account back. I couldn't help but get a flush of butterflies in my stomach.

'Stop he doesn't even know it is you'

I run downstairs and see my Mum rushing around the kitchen getting ready to go to work. I forgot she took on more hours to support my sister and I.
"Slight change of plans, Kate can't take you to school anymore but on the bright side Ruel got a car so he can take you, remember, you guys were such good friends," Mum rambled out.

"W-wait with ruel, I havent, I mean yep that's fine," I stuttered out.
Mum had no clue what actually happened in my life but to be honest no one did.

Ruel's pov

Mum told me that I was taking Darcie to school and I was freaking the fuck out.
'What are we gonna talk about'
I thought I kept saying ways to say hi to her over and over again and before I knew it I was pulling up outside.

Darcie pov

I had put my outfit on that I set out the night before, Matthew always picked out outfits for me but his style was so basic and slutty. Today I was feeling a little rebellious so I picked my own.

I heard a beep outside

I heard a beep outside. Shit. I completely forgot I was going with Ruel. I ran down stairs and grabbed my bag. As I approached ruel's car, I felt the butterflies getting crazier and crazier every step.
'why am I so fucken nervous, this guy was my bestfriend, still would be if I was so messed up. I opened the door and looked up at his beautifully shaped face, freakkkkkennnn helllll biggest glow up of the century.
"Heyyyyyy," was all I could get out.

"Hey longtime no see ah," he said back so calmly while I was over here dying.

A/N

The song I put up there gave me the inspiration of the character Darcie so give it a listen.
Please vote and comment because it helps me get these out quicker.
Luv yah guys <3