v. Batfreak

0.5
Batfreak

The next morning, I wake to Twiz shaking me. I react on instinct and jump up. He doesn't flinch.

"Hey, we have to go." He says, pushing on his clown mask. "Batman found us."

Batman? A string of curse words errupts in my mind.

I was alone. A couple years ago. I was living on the streets, my hair still long and brown, and my body small and frail. I taught myself to fight with knives and blades at a young age, so I know how to defend myself.

I was sitting on the side of the street eating an apple an old woman gave me when I heard a whoosh from behind.

I stood up to see a man in a black suit.

"Hello." he said in a deep voice. "What is a beautiful young lady doing out on the streets?"

I just turned around and sat back down, eating my apple. If he seen my scars, he would turn away, or try to give me charity.

"I'm not here to hurt you." he says, sitting next to me.

Eventually, we became good friends. I never found out who was under that mask, but we talked a lot. He helped me get food, helping me back to health, gave me cream that helped heal the scars.

We hung out in an abandoned warehouse for a while and then one day, I woke up and he was gone.

No note. No goodbye. No more friendship. No more help.

I stand up and lick my lips. "Where is he?"

"You can't just find Batman!" Twiz says, pulling my arm. "We have to leave... Now."

"Tell Joker to wait for me in the van." I tell him, getting out of his grasp. "I have some business to take care of. When I whistle, pull the van to the side of the building."

He runs out the door whispering "He's not going to like this... "

I walk up two flights of stairs and yell "HEY BATBOY!"

Within a minute, Batman is standing in front of me. Much taller now, more muscular, he almost looked different. I know I do.

"P?" he asks.

"That's it?" I cross my arms. "You just ditch me and leave after a year and that's all you have to say? P?"

"I... "

"Save it." I grit my teeth. "I actually thought I had a friend for a year. A whole year. And then you leave. No note. No goodbye."

He doesn't say anything.

"And now I'm gonna show you how much pain you caused me."

I pull out my butterfly knife in one swift motion.

"I'm not going to fight you." Batman says.

"Well that sucks for you 'cause I am."

I slice him a couple times with the knife, leaving a couple rips in his suit but only doing little damage to him. I punch him a few times to knock him off balance before shoving him against the wall with the knife at his throat.

"I'm not going to fight you." he repeats, his voice gruff.

I push into him a little more. "Why not?"

"You're my friend!" he yells. "I'm not going to hurt my friend!"

"Well you're friend hates your guts and is dating your worse enemy so I suggest getting a new friend." I say. "Oh, and friends don't abandon each other."

I whistle, sending the signal.

The van pulls to the side and I jump out the window and land on the side door.

I open it and slide into the passenger seat.

-----

Don't forget to vote and comment!