Chapter 3

Fra was sprawled on his bed half listening to the great monologue of his friend and half cringing at her clothes choice.

Odette could have been pretty with her natural auburn hair and grey, almost blue, eyes, maybe she had too many freckles, but some people found that cute. However, she hid that beauty away, always wearing her hair tied in a ponytail and big glasses, not to mention the granny clothes.

What was that skirt?

"Dermot?" She called him by his first name, successfully yanking him from his daydreams.

"Don't call me that."

"Are you even listening?"

"Yes, yes. Class Presidency Campaign, etc, etc."

"I'm serious, Fra! I'm freaking out here!" She threw herself on the bed beside him, buffing.

He slapped her hand away when she was about to bite the already small nail of her thumb.

"Relax, boo. Why don't you do one of your amazing drawings for your poster?"

She looked sideways at him as if he had just insulted her mom. "You know I don't do that anymore."

"I know you scribble in Biology class when you're bored. And you're damn good at it." As he noticed his friend's feet shaking relentlessly and the way she was picking at her already short nails in a way he was sure it was going to draw blood, he sighed getting her hands in his. "It's gonna be okay, O. Here is what we are going to do..."

"Dermot! The door!" His mom called from somewhere in the house.

He dramatically rolled his eyes before motioning for his friend to wait. He quickly got up from the bed and ran to his door to open it before his mom appeared in the corridor and started arguing about the 'house rules', no closed doors with a girl inside.

"She is so clueless." He commented sitting cross legged on the bed. "She thinks we are dating, you know?"

"Fra." Odette reproached.

"Okay, sorry. Back to your problem. We are going to sleep on it, and I promise you that by tomorrow first period I will present you with the perfect campaign poster idea." He declared and his mom appeared on the threshold right on cue.

"Odette, darling, your mother called." Mrs. Fraiser smiled kindly at her.

She didn't need to be told twice.

It was always the same. At exactly fifteen minutes to seven her mother called the Fraiser's home to ask Odette to go home. Mrs. Fraiser always covered for her, saying that she was already on her way. That's why she always left the house in a hurry and pedaled her bike as fast as she could. It could be worse, her curves had once been 6 p.m.

"Thank you, Mrs. Fraiser."

She placed a goodbye kiss on Fra's cheek and hugged Mrs. Fraiser on her way out.

"See you tomorrow!" She shouted over her shoulder.

Fra smiled thinking the girl couldn't lift a finger at PE but when her mom was calling she could beat a marathon runner.

Mrs. Fraiser made a move of leaving and he screamed after her, "The door!"

She returned to the threshold with a frown and crossed arms.

"Ma'am. Could you please close the door, ma'am." He quickly added and she gravelly nodded deciding against arguing, she had other things to take care of right now.

She had barely closed the door when Fra's phone rang with a new message.

He counted till three to make sure his mom wasn't going to come back before rolling in his bed to reach the nightstand. His phone screen showed a new message.

It was him!

Don: I've been thinking bout u

He bit his lip to unsuccessfully keep him from smiling and typed his reply.

Fra: I wish I could say the same but I don't have a face to the name
Fra: Not that Don is your real name anyway

Don: It could b

Fra rolled his eyes still smiling while he leaned against the various cushions on his bed.

Fra: It's not
Fra: There is no Don in Pine Hills High

Don: There's me ;)

Fra: Wouldn't it be easier if you just told me who you are?

Don: Trust me
Don: When I'm ready u'll b the first to know

Fra: Will you ever be ready?

He regretted the text as soon as his thumb clicked send.

Three seconds went by and there was no answer. Fra grimaced at his phone. Jesus! He looked like Odette, all anxious.

Fra: Just forget it
Fra: Now mquestion of th day:
Fra: What you favourite color?

He typed so fast some words came out wrong.

This time the reply came fast.

Don: That's easy
Don: Brown
Don: The same tone of your eyes ;)

Fra held his phone above his heart. He sighed smiling dumbly before jumping from his bed to open his bottom drawer. From under the shirts, he drew a tiny black diary and opened it on the marked page.

 From under the shirts, he drew a tiny black diary and opened it on the marked page

He was going to find out who his secret admirer is!

A/N:
New chapter on Friday! I hope you guys are enjoying it so far!
Let me know what are your thoughts.
Vote, comment, and share!