𝑴𝑰𝑫𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 𝑾𝑨𝑳𝑲

the night was cold, you wrapped your jacket closer to yourself in an attempt to stay warm.
sighing quietly, you walk faster to the train station trying to avoid any possible interactions with anyone at this time of night.
your thoughts have been hyperactive lately, your meds weren't working.

so you took a midnight walk, wanting to go.. anywhere, anywhere but here. conveniently, the train was still giving service. the doors opened and you slowly stepped inside, wanting to make the least noise possible.
the train was quiet, so quiet that you could hear the noise of air rushing into your lungs as you took a breath, your gut digesting the little food you ate some hours ago and your bones scraping against each other as you sat down.
the doors closed and the vehicle moved forward, you sighed once more.
you closed your eyes, imagining you were somewhere else, maybe a forest or a beach, maybe with someone special.
your mind drifted off, and before you knew it the train had already went all around town and had stopped close to your apartment again.
you stumbled slightly as you stood up from your seat, your knees cracking at the sudden movement.

walking up the stairs of your shitty apartment, looking for your keys, opening the door and locking it once more. everything was all the same, every day. huffing, you took your sleeping pills and threw yourself onto the cold and hard bed, you closed your eyes and let your mind wander.

your thoughts were interrupted by laughter from the upper floor. you've heard this laughter before, sometimes around midnight or sometimes in the morning, the laugh sounded painful. you sometimes worry when the cackling doesn't stop, but as the laughs come, they go.
you wondered if you've seen the person before, you doubt it since you barely go outside, let alone talk to anyone.
drowsiness took over you as you closed your eyes, your overthinking paired with your pills made you tired.
with the effects of the pills completely kicking in, you fell asleep.