CHAPTER 4: Before Time Runs Out

Deku's POV:

In the dark room. There was a small light that lit up infront of me. Then an image of Kacchan was projected from the light towards the ceiling. When I looked up. I saw Kacchan reliving what had happened. I could hear what he was saying.

"Deku why didn't you just save yourself and let me fall? I don't deserve to become a hero. I'm a monster!"

The image shows Kacchan in his bedroom with a razor blade in hand. The chains that were on me fell off. So I ran to the source of light. When I touched it. I was infront of Kacchan. So I grabbed his hand with the razor and said.

"Don't do it Kacchan. If you feel bad about what happened. Then visit me once a week as a reminder of the hero you need to become. Be the hero I couldn't be and live. Kacchan I never got a chance to tell you this but I--"

I was pushed out of the dream by Kacchan's alarm going off. Then the room went pitch black again. What only felt like an hour passed before the light was on again. This time I was going to tell Kacchan what was going on but it didn't work. I wasn't able to access his dream.

"What's going on? It worked a little while ago but now I can't talk to him."

Shigaraki says to me.

"That's because you're trying to tell him about the situation. The only time you can tell him something about your situation is if he invites your soul to visit him in person."

"Well how do I do that?"

"I'm not giving you all the answers. That would be boring. You'll just have to find out on your own."

"Well can I at least leave this room?"

I get no response from him. Time in this room was passing very fast. Every hour here is fourteen on earth. After about a month and a half of watching Kacchan's dreams. I realized what day was tomorrow.

"No it can't be time yet! Tomorrow is the day that I've dreded, Kacchan's eighteenth birthday."

The night before his birthday. I didn't go into his dream. I was curled into a ball as far away from the light as I could be. That's when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. When I looked up. I saw Kacchan standing in the room with me for the first time.

"What are you doing here in the dark Deku?"

"Kacchan you're here."

"Yeah of course I'm here. I wanted to give you something that my class made for you as a good luck charm for when you wake up."

Kacchan hands me a bracelet with a small glass container filled with some sort of fluid.

"If you're ever in danger. Simply break the glass vial and my quirk will activate a smoke screen for you to get away."

"Thank you Kacchan. I'm sorry I didn't get you anything for your birthday tomorrow."

"It's fine just come home soon. Your mom is worried sick about you."

" I'll try."

"Don't try just do it damnit!"

"Rright!"

When I put on the bracelet. Shigaraki pops up infront of me.

"So now you can leave this room Midoriya. However if the bracelet is removed. You'll come back here and never be allowed to leave again. Well that is until you devour Katsuki's soul. Also you can't tell him how to free you ,but you can tell him about what will happen if he fails. Oh and be careful what you say around him. If you give him a command. He has to follow it or you'll start to turn faster. The same goes for if he gives you a command."

Shigaraki vanished and I opened the door. On the otherside. I was in Kacchan's room while he slept. When the door shut behind me. Kacchan woke up and was startled. He pokes me and I could feel his finger. Apparently he felt me aswell. I didn't know what to say at a time like this. So I nervously said.

"Happy birthday Kacchan."