CHAPTER 18: How The Phenix Became A Hawk

<FLASHBACK CONTINUES >

"So why does everyone call you a halfling Keigo?"

"It's because of my wings. I was born with them where as most kids get theirs when quirks develop. An angel has wings made of white feathers, but mine are red. Which means I'm half angel and half demon."

"Hang on a sec. What about if one of your parents were human?"

"If that was the case then I would've developed them as a quirk. Like I said before. I came out of my mother's womb with red wings."

"Oh well we're here at my house. You wanna come in for a snack? "

"Nah maybe next time okay?"

"Okay see you tomorrow at school then Keigo!"

As Touya opens the front door of his home. Keigo sees a woman with snow white hair. Keigo feels a bit of jealousy because there's no one waiting for him at home. His mother died when giving birth and his dad left one day. Never to return home again. Once home, Keigo went in the kitchen and made himself a sandwich with what little food he had left. After eating Keigo started doing his homework. While in the middle of his assignment. He fell asleep. The next day Touya didn't show up to class. The following day Touya shows up with bandages on his arms. He seemed scared and temid. So like a true friend. Keigo walks up to Touya and checks on him.

"Touya are you alright? What happened?"

"It's nothing don't worry about it. Let's just have fun and go play outside. "

Keigo could tell that the smile on touya's face was fake, but he went along with it.

"Hey Touya?"

"Hm?"

"Since it's the weekend now. Do you want to hang out together?"

"I'll have to ask my dad if it's okay or not."

"Oh okay!"

When the two got to touya's house. Touya opens the front door and invites Keigo in.

"I'll go ask him so just make yourself at home."

After some time passes. A loud thud came from down the hall where Touya went. Keigo runs and sees Touya on the floor. He was covered in burns and Bruises. It was like someone's with a fire quirk punched him. Then a deep toned voice says.

"Until you can take a punch without buckling to the floor. Your training will continue when you have free time. You are my son and I expect you to surpass All Might one day, but that'll never happen if you waist your time with so called friends."

Before Keigo could look and see who was talking. Touya gets up and runs out the back door. Keigo runs after him and sees all the burn marks.

"Touya where did you get those burns from?"

"It's from over using my quirk. If dad doesn't stop pushing me past my limits soon. I'll die from my own quirk burning me alive."

"WHAT!?"

Touya throws a bag at Keigo and tells him to open it. When he does. There's a brand new Endever plush inside.

"Here I know how much you look up to him. So I got you the new limited edition plush."

"You didn't have to do this ya know."

"I know but seeing you smile inspires me to keep moving forward."

Keigo runs up and hugs Touya while crying and says.

"Thank you so much. No one has ever been this nice to me before. If there's anything you want me to do for you. Just let me know."

"All I want is to someday be able to control my quirk."

"Well then I'll help you train. We'll train everyday on your own terms. If you feel like stopping then we will take a break."

After about two months of keigo flying in the air and Touya trying to hit the target on his chest. An accident happened. Instead of the flames hitting the target. It singed his left wing. This caused him to fall twenty feet to the ground. Luckily he landed in the creek nearby. When Keigo swam to the surface. The look of horror on touya's face scared Keigo. Before a single word was spoken. Touya ran deeper in the woods.

"TOUYA WAIT!"

As Keigo followed after him. There were strange and somehow familiar simbles on trees nearby. When Keigo reached the house that Touya ran to. A guy with black hair put his hand on touya's shoulder and took him inside. As the light inside of the house got brighter. Keigo starts feeling sharp pains in his wings. Like every heartbeat was more painful then the last. Eventually he passes out. When he woke up. He was in the hospital and Touya was reported missing. When he saw the report on the news. That's when he found out that Touya was a Todoroki. The signs that were around the house where he was last seen. Were those of summoning a demon for a contract.

<FLASHBACK ENDS>

Hawk's POV:

As I was walking back to the gates of hell. I passed by a man with scars that looked exactly like touya's. He had black hair and solid blue eyes that pierced the soul. As we passed each other. He smirks and says.

"You haven't changed much have you Keigo Takami?"