Prologue

Location Unknown,

Drifting in deep space, was half of a destroyed UNSC cruiser. The year was 2557, the covenant were finally destroyed and the flood were gone. We find our heroes sleeping in cryo pads, hoping for rescue to bring them home.

An alarm went off inside, making the A.I known as Cortana, appear on the holopad in the middle of the room. She looked around the room, seeing the snow building from the sheer cold of the cryo room. She began to open the ships systems, seeing their vitals green except for two that were red.

"Johnson.... Miranda..." she said sadly, looking to where their dead bodies laid in the cryo tubes. She shook it off and woke up the others, seeing the chief the first to move as he opened his cryo pod.

"Cortana... whats the situation.." he said as he got out the tube, seeing Linda the next to awaken before Buck and Carolina.  "We are still adrift in the dawn. Although I am getting signals from a forerunner planet that caught us in its gravity well. What's interesting is that I'm picking up the signal of the other half of the dawn. What's left of it." She finished as the others awoke.

"Is it possible that the arbiter is Alice down there?" The spartan II known as Carolina spoke as she checked her rifle. "I don't think so, I'm seeing one escape pod bay empty. He must of left before he was caught in the planets gravity well." Quickly came the voice of Cortana spoke with a sad smile on her face, making Romeo shake his head.

"Well, what's there to waste? Let's go see what this planet has to offer." Buck said as he clipped his MA5C Assault Rifle on his back. "Well you could die. I could die. All of us could die. Honestly going there alone could kill us." Repiled Romeo before he was elbowed by Kelly. "Knock it off, ODST" Kelly said with a tone barring no room for argument.

"She wipped you dude." Said Mickey.

"Oh shut up." Replied Romeo before he went to sit down. "Leave it to Romeo to be the annoying one." Said Dutch as he got out the Spartan Laser and holstered it into his back. Romeo got offended and got up to face Dutch. "Hey man it's not my fault I'm being cautious. Besides I'd rather stay alive rather than having another one of my organs punctured. You really think I'd-"

"SHUT UP!" Screamed Cortana as a surge of energy beamed out the room, her body flicking into a red hue as the others stared at her shocked.  She quickly returned to her blue colour, looking down to the ground as Chief slowly stepped towards her. "Cortana... What was that." He asked in a tone meaning that she better answer now.

"It's nothing chief." Cortana said quickly before Linda walked beside the green Spartan. "Don't lie Cortana. What is the issue?" She asked. Slowly, Frederick, Dare, and the odsts began to step towards her, leaving her no way out but to tell. "I.... I'm heading into rampancy..."

Everyone was silent from the news. Not expecting that the best A.I The UNSC ever made was beginning to fail. "I see.... if that's the case, we should investigate this forerunner planet. If we are lucky, the inhabitants may of left something behind to slow your condition down until we can get back to Dr.Halsey." Carolina Said before walking off with the Odsts and Kelly to the hangar bay.

"Chief..." Cortana said as she looked to her protector. The hero of the UNSC looked at Cortana who had her look of guilt on her face. "Were going to fix you up Cortana. I'm not going to lose you again." He said quickly before he yanked her chip out the holopad and into his head.

"Just... don't make a girl a promise you can't keep." Cortana said before going silent, making chief nod to Linda before going to the hangar bay.

Meanwhile, other side of the planet

The forgotten lost ship of the UNSC, known as the spirit of fire, was studying the planet while Serina and Captain Cutter were speaking with Professor Anders.