What Did I Ever Do To Deserve You?

Linda Reagan cried silently as she stared into the darkness. She closed her eyes as pain rushed over body. She had been able to not wake up Danny for at least twenty minutes. She hoped that he would remain asleep.
Linda curled her hands into fists as pain surged through her body. She bit her lip as her tears fell faster.
"Linda?" Danny scooted closer to her and put his hand in her upper arm. Unconsciously, he started rubbing her arm, "What's the matter?"
In the dark, Linda shrugged her shoulders and cursed herself for being too much of a pain. Danny shouldn't have to deal with her, especially not at two thirty in the morning.
"Are you hurt?"
"Yes," She barely whispered.
"What hurts?"
"Every thing."
"Every thing?" Danny retracted his hand, not wanting to cause her more pain.
She reached over and put his hand back on her arm, and moved it up and down. "My stomach... my thighs. My-my legs." Linda paused as another wave a pain flooded over her. "Every thing from the- the navel down. It-it hurts."
"Is it cause of your cramps?" He took an educated guess. Usually Linda wasn't up crying about lower body pain unless it was cramps.
Linda let out a small sob and nodded. She thought after having two kids her hormones and periods would get better, but they got worse. After Sean, she was thrown PMS, nausea spells, sleepless nights, and unbearable pain.
"Can I do something?" Danny hated for his wife to be uncomfortable in anyway. Even though he thought periods were probably just about the grossest thing on the planet, he wanted to help Linda in anyway possible.
"I don't know..."
"You don't know if I can help?" He clarified his original question.
"I don't know what will help. It hurts just to breathe. I can't sleep on my stomach cause it hurts. I can't sleep on my back cause it hurst. Sleeping on my side is uncomfortable, so I can't sleep. I just wish this would end."
Danny hugged Linda gently and kissed her cheek. "I'm sorry, baby. Do you need a hot water bottle or something?"
"Why can't I have the heat pad?"
"Because I don't trust the wiring. What if something catches fire while we're asleep? Too risky," Danny shook his head. "But I'll fill the hot water bottle for you. I'll put scalding hot water in, then give it to you. Maybe it'll help?"
Linda nodded, "thank you."
"You're welcome." He kissed Linda's cheek, "I'll be back."
While Danny was gone, Linda wished more than anything he was with her, just hugging her and whispering nice things in her ear. She really just needed comfort from anybody with strong arms during times like this.
Danny didn't lie when he told Linda he was filling the bottle with scalding water. He stuck a big, glass measuring cup, that held a full quart, into the microwave. He heated it up for seven minutes straight. He even burned himself a little bit while pouring the steamy water into the rubber bottle.
"Danny?" Linda called pathetically when she heard movement.
"It's okay," Danny sat on the edge of the bed. "Here's the bottle."
Linda took it and placed it on her stomach. "Thank you."
"Anything for you," he kissed her temple and climbed in bed behind her.
"You're so good to me. I don't deserve you at all. What did I ever do to deserve you? How did we ever find each other?"
Danny smiled, "God smiled on us."
Linda smiled, "He sure did."
Danny wrapped his arm around Linda, "tell me if I hurt you."
"I will. But you could never hurt me."
"I love you, Linda. So much."
"I love you more."
"I love you most. Try to sleep."
"I will. Thank you."
"You're welcome." Danny kissed Linda's cheek, and said a silent prayer, thanking God that he had Linda in his life.