End of The Year

This year went by rather quickly, the 2nd semester was coming to an end, there was 1 month of school. These next 3 weeks, teachers will be wrapping up their final lessons for the year, but on the last week of school, it would just be everyone enjoying their final days of middle school before moving on to highschool. By everyone, I mean all of the 8th graders.

I tried not to think about it too much but I just could not stop worrying. Everyone I knew, all of my friends would be going to Stigepre high school, a decent rating, popular High school. Supposedly, Stigepre High is better than the high school I'm going to, Cabis highschool.

I dont mind going to Cabis high school, it's just that none of my friends are going there. It's like moving to a new city and not knowing anyone.

Those 4 weeks rapidly pass by, it's like those weeks never even happened. We were down to the last day of school. Everyone was eagerly watching the clock, waiting for the hand to strike 12. That one minute of staring felt like eternity.

The bell had just rung.

Everyone in my class immediately got up from their seats and quickly walked out the door, including myself. I was walking towards the gate, trying to find my friends.

They were already outside in a bunch waiting for me. I approach them.

"Hey guys!" I waved

"Woo! We are no long 8th graders!" Haren shouted

"Heck yeah! We ain't comeback to middle school again!" Brook yelled

"Now we are finally moving on to high school, are you guys ready?" I asked

"Oh hell no, I'm just happy we are DONE with middle school," Emily replied. I couldn't help but laugh

"You'll regret saying that you know, you'll wanna come back once you hit highschool" Kirt said

"Yeah right, who'd wanna come back?" Jade replied.

We ended up talking a bit before some had to leave. Jade ended up walking home, Kirt was picked up buy his mom, and Emily rode her bike back home. Brook and haren take the city bus home, I walked them to the bus stop.

The bus would arrive soon so we sat and waited on the bench.

"Are you going to miss us, ari?" Brook asked

"Nooo, totally not! Yeah, you guys are my best friends and I totally wont miss you!" I said sarcastically

"You're right, you probably wont miss us. That's too bad, I guess we wont give you that goodbye hug then!" Haren smirked.

"Aww come on, dont be like that!" I whined

I open my arms and haren hugs me. This will probably be the last time I'll ever smell his hair, it always smelled like flowers. I dont know if it was just his hair or the kind of shampoo he uses. His hair is really fluffy as well

The bus had arrived and the doors opened. Haren let go and went on the bus to find some seats. Brook turned to me and hugged me as well.

"I'm going to miss you" she said

"Me too"

"Good luck at cabis, you're going to need it"

" I definitely do" I smiled.

She let go and started walking up the steps she turned around and looked back one last time and waved. She then walked up to haren and sat next to him. The doors closed and started leaving to the next stop.

"Welp, that's that I guess!"

My middle school years are now officially over, however, my high school years hadn't started just yet. My house wasn't to far from where the school is. In total the walk is only 20 minutes. I sighed as I started walking home