Chapter: 19

Jeonkake: My author note is the first thing in this chapter for a good reason. I was just checking up on Wattpad for my notification, then I glace over at Soulmates. .
Thank you so much for +1k!! I still comprehend the fact that there is so many of you guys reading this book! I'm not going to lie, I've though that this book was never get any votes, comments, and especially so many reads. And yet, here I am, thanking you precious babies for handling my crappy plot in my first book. I even had to call to my sister and tell her I had over 1k reads on Soulmates.
As an other thank you, this chapter will be more than my usual little over 1,000 words.

This will be a longer chapter!💕💕💕

<<<<<<>>>>>>

Hours turned to days, days into weeks, and those weeks into the month of December. Jimin noticed how nervous Taehyung seemed when ever they talked or even stood in the same room. The blond asked the boys what was going on with the mint haired male, but they all said the same thing. 'His birthday'. He even asked Mr. Kim, but the father always, ever so smoothly, managed to change the dangerous topic of his son. Jimin was convinced enough to think he was just over reacting.

Yet, from what the universe knew, a special day was just three days away. The Friday before the thirty-th arrived to the world. Taehyung munched on the honey bread was he was sitting on the glossy, wooden floor of the school's dance room, watching his soulmate practice once again for the competition. The last verse of the song drifted off, Jimin paused his dance with the end of it. The blond then huffed softly, and with a smile, he walked to Taehyung.

The mint boy returned the sweet smile with his own while handing the blond his water bottle. The latter gladly took it, sat down beside the younger, and swallowed the tasteless liquid.

"Do you think you are confident enough for the competition, Jiminie?" Taehyung asked after finishing the sweet bread.

Jimin nodded as he slowly turned his face to Taehyung.

"I'm going to rest this weekend so I don't become sore on Monday." the blond stated.

"Ah! It's next week Monday? Oh gosh, that's so close. I didn't realize it came so close." Taehyung said genuinely surprised.

"Yeah! And it's your birthday. I kinda wanna plan something for you that day since it's your day." Jimin said while slowly packing his stuff into his dance bag.

"No no!" Taehyung said rather loudly which caused the latter to flinch with wide eyes.

"I mean, I-I have something planned for y- everyone that day after your competition. Don't worry." the mint boy mentally scolded himself for raising his voice so quickly that startled the older.

"Oh. Okay then. What is it?" Jimin asked with genuine curiosity.

"It's a surprise. Don't worry, it'll be special." Taehyung said as his special boxy smile appeared.

Jimin couldn't help, but smile as well. Even though Taehyung had said it was a surprise and special, it just spiked the blond's curiosity about it. Although, he knew that if he tried asking the others, they'll not tell him if they even knew what the mint haired male planned. Jimin was confident enough to survive the weekend for the surprise.

"Alright, is there anything I should know? Like, am I being picked up or something?" Jimin asked.

"You'll find out when the time comes, hyung." he had said, earning a small pout from the blond.