Victoria G Interviews Symonne Harrison

Victoria G: What inspired you to become a YouTuber?

Symonne Harrison: I was inspired to become a YouTuber because I would always make funny skits at home with iMovie on my iPad. When I came out to LA, I was asked to be in a YouTube video for a social influencer. I had a blast doing that and her fans really liked me and it lead me to kick off my own YouTube channel.

VG: How would you describe the types of videos you make?

SH: The types of videos I make are generally a day in my life or just fun challenges.

VG: What is your favorite video you have done?

SH: My favorite video was going to Krispy Kreme donuts on National Donut Day and going through the line numerous times in different disguises for free donuts. My friend and I wore costumes that ranged from martial arts girls, the Kardashians, to little old ladies. It was super funny.

VG: What inspired you to become an actress?

SH: I always loved performing since I was a little girl. I began dancing at 3 years old. I loved dancing on stage so much that it sparked my passion for performing which led me to start acting at the age of 7.

VG: What is your favorite thing about acting?

SH: My favorite thing about acting is the feeling I get when I am in a role and I bring it to life. It is the best feeling in the world. It is so exciting and brings me the most joy. I love it even more when I see my work touching the viewers emotions and bringing them to laugh or cry.

VG: Who are your acting inspirations?

SH: I look up to so many actors. One of my biggest inspirations is Dove Cameron. I love her story, passion and all her work.

VG: What is your favorite project you have ever done?

SH: My favorite project I have ever done is being on the Showtime, Golden Globe Winning Drama series, The Affair. It was my biggest opportunity so far in my career and it was very exciting to be on such a big show with the amazing cast. The show filmed on Sony Pictures lot and that was incredible for me to be at Sony Pictures. The whole experience was a dream come true.

VG: How would you describe yourself in three words?

SH: Outgoing, Adventurous, Loyal

VG: Do you have any hidden talents?

SH: I'm a child inventor. I created a product, Bear On The Chair, at the age of 6. I have a design patent for my product. Bear On The Chair is sold on Amazon, select Learning Express stores and on our website www.bearonthechair.com

VG: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

SH: I see myself in ten years continuing my acting career. I hope to be filming a movie or show and doing what I love.

VG: What are your social media handles?

SH: IG: @symonneharrison Youtube: Symonne Harrison My website: www.symonneharrison.com TikTok: symonneharrisonofficial My product: www.bearonthechair.com

VG: What advice do you have for an aspiring actor?

SH: My advice for aspiring actors is to just keep learning the craft. Acting is like a muscle and you need to continue working at it to get stronger. I also feel like you need to be yourself because casting will get to know you and start thinking of you for different roles.

VG: What advice do you have for an aspiring YouTuber?

SH: My advice for an aspiring YouTuber is to be yourself. Viewers will love getting to know you and they will begin to watch once they feel connected to you. Also, I would be sure to post consistently so they know when to expect your next video. Just have fun, create good content and the viewers will have fun watching your channel.

VG: What's next for you?

SH: I have booked a lead role in a new pilot that will start filming in January. I can't wait!

VG: RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS What's your favorite song?

SH: My favorite song is Best Friend by RexOrangeCounty.

VG: What's your favorite holiday?

SH: My favorite holiday is Christmas.

VG: What's your favorite junk food?

SH: My favorite junk food is ice cream.

VG: Can you play any instruments?

SH: I can play the ukulele.

VG: Do you have any pets?

SH: I don't have any pets but I love animals.

VG: What is something you can't live without?

SH: I can't live without my chapstick.