Chapter 1

Long ago, in Equestria, there was a different type of ponies. They acted like ponies, but had things about them that were different. They had animal traits. Some might have had wolf ears and tails and others may have had octopus tentacles sticking out their backs. They were called hybrids. Although it didn't just limit to wolf ponies and octoponies, it was all animals. There were scorponies, catponies, dogponies, lizardponies ect. The possibilities were endless. But they were wierd. One moment they were friendly, the next they were growling at you, it depended what type of Hybrid they were. Yet one day, the feline hybrids started to get more vicious, attacking ponies, killing them. But no evidence was found. The other Hybrids defended them, and soon, they were all seen to be on the same side, the bad side.

However, a herioc pegasus named Storm Shadow deemed them dangerous as some of them did not have the same diet as normal ponies; with animal traits came animal instincts. Some ate meat, but none of them ate other ponies. The princesses didn't believe him until they came across an insane Hybrid. He was a Tiger Pony, and was found snacking on a royal guard. They tried to capture him, but he was also a unicorn, and teleported away. He was found a few days later and arrested. Ponies started to believe Storm Shadow and began to attack the Hybrids.

Storm Shadow was greeted with respect and praise. He requested that the princesses made a law that made hybrids illegal, that if they were to appear in Equestria they would be tortured and executed. The princesses explained they couldn't, as the Hybrids had disappeared without a trace.

Many some say they died, others say they fled. Nopony knew, and still don't.

___

Cheerlie could say she was pleased from the reactions some of the school foals were giving the story. Most of them were hanging off their seats in interest. Some of the colts fell back into their chairs after, obviously expecting a battle.

"Now, any questions?" The teacher asked.

A white hoof shot in the air.

"Yes, Sweetie Belle?"

"Will the Hybrids return one day? They sound... I don't know... sort of dangerous I guess?" The unicorn tilted her head, plainly trying to use the correct wording.

"Nopony knows. After all, they could've died out. But they might not have either, because a pony didn't have to be related to one to be a Hybrid. So they could've been reborn, but I doubt that. Any other questions?"

"How cool would it be too be a Hybrid?!" A pegasus filly with a short cut purple mane a orange coat.

Cheerilee's face turned stern, "Scootaloo, Hybrids were evil creatures, not to be messed with. They were dangerous, feral. If you ever see one fillies and colts, run. Run as fast as you can and get away from it."

Cheerilee stopped to take a breath. Many of the foals had cowered back into their seats, eyes shining with fear at the dreaded thought that one of these creatures could kill them, and have them for lunch.

The earth pony was about to continue before a voice complained from the back corner of the class.

"An' who said they were dang'rous? Ain't got no prop'r evidence 'cept tha' Storm Shadow guy tellin' everypony." The voice had a easily noticeable southern drawl, and it came from the earth pony filly with a red mane, yellow coat and a pink bow.

"Apple Bloom! That's an Equestrian hero you're disrespecting there!"

"Ah ain't disrespectin' 'im. Ah'm jus' sayin' yer got no evidence." Apple Bloom retorted.

Scootaloo leaned over to Sweetie Belle's desk and whispered "What's she doing?"

The unicorn shrugged and said, "If anything it sounds like she's--"