Tina's visit

"I  have to go, Theseus. As long as he sees me more, his memory of me may come back sooner"

"Tina, his memories of you are ging to be of you visiting him in hospital, not of the other memories you both had. Not yet anyways."

"What other options do I have?"

Theseus didn't wish to argue with her, especially during this troubling time for both of them, so instead he just sighed and nodded.

-

Tina walks into St Mungo's and asks where Newt's room is. The nurse shows her and she thanks her before she walks into the room. Newt is sitting up in his bed, reading a book.

She walks over to him, trying to seem as casual as she can. When she reaches his bed, she clears her throat. He turns his head and looks up at her, smiling a little and hiding behind his fringe, same old Newt she thought happily.

"Hi" she says to him, timidly.

"Hello" he replies.

"I don't know if you remeber me-"

"Tina, right?"

Tina's smile widens.

"You remember?"

"Of course. You came in with my borther yesterday. You work with him at the Ministry."

oh right we were only introduced yesterday as far as he knows. "Yeah o-of course"

Newt looks behind her. "Where is he?"

"Oh, he's still at the Ministry. But he does say hello. I just came by to see how you are. And to talk to you." Tina had no idea where she was going with this, but mercy lewis she was gonna give it a try.

Newt looks at her confused as she sits down in the chair next to his bed. "What would you like to talk to me about?" Newt asked.

Tina fidgeted a little in the chair and then a lightbulb lit up in her head. "Well, I know you are writing a book about magical creatures, now being an auror from New York I don't have many opportunities to come across any but I would like to learn more about them. If you so wish of course."

Newt smiles as much as a child looking at a bunch of christmas presents.

"That sounds great. But, you're an auror. I've never known aurors would be interested in magical creatures. Unless theres a big case that invovles one."

"A lost friend of mine was very interested in magical creatures and he used to tell me all about thhem. I was always fascinated by them. He even kept some in a-"

Tina realised she has already said too much. He may already suspect that this 'friend' is too much like him' she thought.

Newt was still looking at her, sat up straight on his hospital bed, eyes as big as saucers.
"Where did your friend keep them?" he asked, timidly.

Tina tried to think quickly of an answer. "He..er...well...er...he...erm........he kept them at his....farm" she settled on "yeah, he-he kept them at this farm he inherited from his great aunt who died when he was 18. An old friend from school."

"I'm sorry that you lost your friend, Tina" Newt said. "He sounds like he was a good man"

Tina looked into Newt's eyes, almost pleading that he remembers. "He was" she replies. "I just hope one day he comes back." Tina can feel tears pricking her eyes and quickly looks down, hoping Newt doesn't notice.

He does. He gently places his hand on top of hers. "Would you like to hear more about magical creatures, Tina?"

Tina looks up and smiles softly.  Very pretty Newt thought.

"I would like that. Very much" Tina replies.

And this chapter is fiinished. I'm sorry it has taken me so long but life has gotten in the way of my writing, unfortunately. But now me and the rest of the world are currently in isolation so I now finally have time to write and upload more chapters to this and other stories. Stay tuned.

As always likes and comments are appreciated. I hope you are all liking my stories so far.