14) Memories Part 2 (Payton)

Payton's p.o.v

I wake up with my arm still around y/n. I could hear her little snores. I stayed up half the night to make sure nothing happened to her while she slept.

I drag myself out the white bed softly and gently, walking into the hallway and down to the cafetaria. I grab a coffee and head back.

As I start to get to the room, I see Joey and Tayler coming into the hospital

(Okay let's clear this up, they're all gonna be 18 and y/n's parents are out the picture so yeah. Continue....)

"Yo, what're you guys doing here?", I ask as I walk up to them, looking down at the duffel they had in hand.

"Came to visit. Haven't seen yall in a bit."

"Yeah," I say as we enter the room. Y/n still sleeping in the bed snuggled up to a pillow. She was adorable.

"We also brought you guys some stuff we thought you might want or need. Clothes, bathroom stuff, activities, etcetera," Joey says.

"Thanks bro," I reply and take the bag. "I appreciate it. And I'm glad you're here. Means alot."

"How's she doing?", Tayler asks sitting in a chair next to me as Joey sat on the love seat couch. Which are uncomfortable, let me tell you.

"Not good," I say and already start tearing up from the subject. "She can't remember anything. She didn't even remember me."

Tayler rubs my back. "It's gonna be alright man. She has so much time to remember. It'll come back to her."

"Yeah but what if it doesn't?"

"You can't think like that?", Joey whispers.

"Why? There are chances. I know I shouldn't say that but I'm scared and worried she won't remember. And I even promised her it would but when I think about it, I just dont know."

"Alright my turn to promise then. I am gonna promise that she is gonna positively remember. I swear to you," Tayler says to me as he points to her. "Y/n is strong and so are you."

"God, why did this have to happen?"

"It just happens. We can't control it."

"I love her so much. I can't lose her. She's my best friend," I wipe my tears.

"You won't lose her. I swear."

Y/n starts to toss and turn in her bed. I then start to hear groaning come from her. Her eyebrows were furrowing even though she was sleeping. "Payton?"

"Yeah, I'm right here," I reply as brush her hair behind her ear.

"Has she remembered anything since she woke?", Joey asks.

"Yeah. Faith showed her pictures of the turtle at the beach in Hawaii, she literally remembered everything that happened at the point. And then-"

I think as I try to make anything else pop up in my brain. "Wait, last night, before she fell asleep."

"What'd she say?"

"She said my middle name. I never told her my middle name after she woke. Faith didn't either."

"So it's coming back to her, just slowly?", Tayler questions.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"Payton?", she speaks beside me since I was now on the bed. She sits up in the bed and looks around the room.

"Yeah?"

"Nevermind. I just thought it was all happening over again," she sighs and looks beside her then at the guys. "Hey, Tayler. Joey."