Chapter 16

The forensics came shortly after, doing what they always do and then taking the body away. It was silent as the other male was still calming down the shaken up Saguru. Soon they left as well. Saguru wound got taken care off and now they were at a different room, with a silence.

Kaito's eyes Indigo eyes met his sapphire-colored eyes, as he gave him a nod. The other let out a sigh and hugging him a bit more.

"They can't do anything anymore. No one can hurt you not as long as I am here."

His father soon moved towards them, carefully and having eye contact with Kaito.

"Thank you for rescuing him there and thank you as well Kudo-san and Hattori-san. Without you who knows what would have happened."

Kaito gave him a small smile as he felt Saguru move now. His blue eyes dull as he looked at the others, but mouthing thank you to the fellow detectives. Which they caught on and giving him a nod and a soft smile. In all that chaos they forgot that Nakamori and Aoko still were there. By now Aoko was calm and watching their interaction with interested as well Nakamori.

"Kaito, we will head out now. Call me when you need me. Let's go Aoko."

Aoko pressed her lips together as seeing his friend like this. She could tell that something wasn't normal, as the brit was that shaken up.

"Wait, um will Aoko see you two in school?"

Kaito blinked and giving her the grin she hasn't seen since coming here.

"Of course, but not sure that we will go tomorrow. I still have the injuries after all."

With this, both walked out, and now they were almost alone other than the father of Hakuba, and Megure keibu.

"Before we will go, Kudo-kun were they the people who done this?"

Kudo's face darkens as remembering this, not just him but Kaito's face as well. Both knew that it was them, after all, they chose to attack the room they were in before. It meant that they knew which room they resided in. Shinichi was pretty sure that they tried to kill Kaito and him.

"Yes, the motive is simple. We both had put a stop on the organization."

The last one was said in that cold, yet there was something else in it, something which indicates hurt and betrayal. Hattori put an arm around the other and looked straight into the eyes of Megure Keibu.

"I will tell ya who da boss was after all ya knew him Megure Keibu. Professor Hakase, don't ask for information as I don't wanta bring more up."

Megure looked shocked at the reveal as he knew that those two were good friends. So hearing this from Hattori was making him feel horrible for Kudo. The poor fellow must feel utterly betrayed by Hakase. With this, they walked out, as soon as the two left Shinichi broke down into choked sobs. It sounded so painful, the betrayal had cut deep and Kaito knew this. He felt bad for Tantei-kun. The other had gone through enough and he wanted to help him to feel better. But he never had seen him look that vulnerable, now that he thought about it Tantei-san wasn't better, his boyfriend was traumatized. 

Hattori moved up to the bed, and green eyes met indigo and both had a concern in them. His boyfriend leaned back into his touch and soon both dozed off so that it was now just a formal thief and the Osakan detective. (In the manga his eyes are green when I am not mistaken)

"Thank ya for rescuin' him from da bullet. Withouta he would probably have been killed."

The other voice was soft, a thankful tone and almost in a whisper, yet he still heard the words. Kaito gave him a soft yet sad smile as he looked at the sleeping person next to Hattori.

"It's what friends would do, not to mention Shin-chan means a lot to me. He understands me the most, probably more than my boyfriend. He had a second identity as I had. I never wanted to see him that broken. You know I...was there and how he simply shot him like this was..."

He shivered at the memory, but he knew why he has done it. At least the other didn't die. Afterward, a comfortable silence started.
.

.

.

A day after, both Shinichi and himself got discharged. Now they both had to go their own ways for now. In the evening there was a press conference, both about the organization and about Saguru. The brit would stay in the background as he couldn't talk. That was why he was his voice and would answer the question. The other was thankful for that. As they got home, they both sat on the couch and were cuddling with each other. The front door opened and closed with a tadaima said, as the said person walked in.

"Oh, Kai-chan so sorry that I couldn't get-oh who is your cute fellow in your arms.~"

Kaito groans as he let out a sigh, and glancing down seeing a frozen Saguru. Who looked spooked, but soon his cheeks were slightly pink. He wasn't better as he felt his cheeks slightly burn, as he looked worried. Sitting up as the other as well did, but not with him putting an arm around him. He could feel the other slightly shaking

"Mom, can you not do this, please? This is Saguru Hakuba and he is my boyfriend. I need you to be more careful."

The female observed them closely and gave a worried glance towards his son. The woman could guess that something wasn't that right with him. So both had eye contact for a moment.

"Are you fine with being alone for a moment? I just need to talk to her."

The mentioned male gave a small nod.

'I will be fine, was just a bit spooked when suddenly a voice appeared. Sorry for worrying you.'

The other gave him a ruffle through his hair and a soft smile.

"Don't worry won't be too long."

With this, both walked upstairs into his room and closing the door. As he leaned on the wall and trying to figuring out what he should tell his mother. The female knew about him being Kaito kid, but he hadn't had the time yet to tell her about him having a boyfriend.

---

Chikage Kuroba arrives to the story now.~ I hope you enjoyed it as I did when writing it. Until the next chapter. Have a fantastic day, ja ne.~