Chapter 2

Three days later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I only have one more day to save myself. Which is okay, because I have been practicing. I've taught myself how to make my arm, and fingers move at my command. Today's the day where I'm going to make my debut. I wonder when James is going to come. I decide not to practice because I don't want to tire myself out. So I wait. I wonder where he is. Usually he's here by now... Of course I don't know what time it is but... I guess I can't explain it. Finally I hear someone walk in. James? "Alright Taylor dear. If you can hear me, please, please try! Your little boy Andrew needs you." A nurse, Kimberly, says. You know what, screw James. I force myself to move my fingers. The nurse must've noticed. "That's good darling." She says calmly. "Now try opening your eyes." I haven't really tried this yet. I wonder why. OPEN EYES OPEN!! I scream inside my brain. A flash of light breaks through my never ending darkness. "DOCTOR!!" Kimberly screams. I can't keep the light, I fade back inside my darkness. "She's been responding to me." Kimberly says excitedly. "Look." "Taylor... Move your fingers for me, please!" She try's. I wiggle my fingers with ease this time. "See!" She says. 

        "Good... Write this down Kimberly." The doctor says sternly. I feel Kimberly move away from me. I hear her write something down. 

        "Uh.... Does this mean that her 'date' is moved?" Kimberly asks.

        "Not quite. Her vitals have hardly changed. We'll allow her only two more days." The doctor says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It's the end of the road... My final day. Maybe... Maybe I can will myself to move my arm. Maybe... I hear steps walking close. It sounds like more then three people. "Mom?" I hear Marie say. Oh baby!  

        "Dad said today its time to say goodbye because you're going to heaven." Said Jason. 

        "Mom! Please don't go." It's time. I try moving my arm but to no avail. I try my hardest. I push myself towards the darkness. Open!! I scream. Suddenly, a light blinds me, I don't care. I push, I scream at myself. Come on! I cheer. Suddenly I hear Andrew, "mommy?" "Mommy!" He screams. This pushes me, drives me! I push harder towards the light. "Daddy! Mommy is waking up!" Andrew cheers. Finally, I break into the light. 

        "TAYLOR!!!" James bursts out it tears. "Oh my god baby!" I feel James kissing my face. I can hardly see. The lights are too bright. 

        "Can someone dim the lights a bit?" I ask. Wow. I'm so selfish. They thought I was dead and all I can say is 'dim the lights' I find that the lights have been dimmed and I can make out James, Andrew, Marie, and Jason. "Oh babies... I could hear you guys the whole time!" I say. I look at Andrew.

        "When's that play?" I ask. His face lights up, tears in his eyes.

        "Well.. It's in a week. Mommy, I don't think you'll be able to make it." I smile.

        "I'll be there baby." I say. He leans up and hugs me as tight as his little arms can. 

        "Mommy?" 

        "Yeah, baby?" 

        "I didn't think I'd be able to talk to you again." Tears spring to my eyes. It's a relief to be able to cry again. 

        "Awe baby... Trust me, I was talking to you. You just couldn't hear me." He smiles. The doctor comes in. 

        "Wha..." He says, then the nurse walks in behind him.