Chapter Sixteen: "Eternity"

2 Months Later

2 Months Later

It's been 2 dreadfully long months, full of ups and downs. I've screamed. I've smiled. I've cried. I've rejoiced. I've done it all over these 2 months.

Kenzie and I hang out pretty much everyday. We've become really close after the night at the club. It's one secret of mine that she actually knows. But there's still big secrets about me she doesn't know.

One of those secrets being my life in Gettysburg, the way I get my money in that town. Speaking of money, I'm starting to run low on it because I haven't been to Gettysburg in 2 months. I actually really miss all my Gettysburg friends and the parties. But there's a big reason I haven't been going to Gettysburg.

And that big reason, that's also another secret I'm keeping from Kenzie, is Michael. We aren't technically together, but every minute we have when Kenzie isn't around, we spend it together. We kiss, we cuddle, we laugh. But we also have bad days where we argue and we don't even want to be around each other. Today though, is not one of our bad days.

"I hope you don't miss me too much, Penny! I really wish you could come with me on my birthday cruise, but you know my parents are being annoying about it-"

"Kenzie, it's fine, seriously. Go have fun on your cruise. I will be fine by myself for a week." I assure her, trying to hold back how happy I really am.

"Yeah, I know you will. But remember, if you need anything, you can always call Michael." She reminds me, cautiously stepping forward. Abruptly, she reaches out and grabs my wrist, then yanks my body into her embrace.

"Ew, what the fuck? I said no hugs!" I exclaim, attempting to pry Kenzie's arms off me. After a few seconds of struggling, I give up with a sigh and wrap my arms around her, awkwardly patting her back. "Okay, let go now."

She finally pulls away and I can let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Mackenzie, lets go!" Mr. Ore calls from their car where he and Mrs. Ore have been waiting this whole time.

"Okay, okay, I have to go!" Kenzie smiles brightly as she starts backing away. "I love you, Pen! Don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone!" She yells as she runs to the car, waving as she slips into the back seat.

I stand in the doorway, holding the door open, as I watch the car drive away. As soon as it's out of sight, I close the door and turn around, nearly colliding with Michael's bare chest. Clad in grey sweatpants, he looks delicious. I can help but let my eyes roam down his body, the same way they always do whenever I see him shirtless.