Chapter Twenty-Four: "Load Of Bullshit"

Ceilings are more interesting than one may think. At least they are when they're spinning and it looks like you're underwater.

Am I underwater?

Wait, no. I'm on the floor of Jessica's trailer in only my shirt and black lace thong. No wonder it feels so cold in here. I bet you can see how cold I am, too, since I'm not wearing a bra.

But I don't even care. I don't care about anything, not one thing. The only thing I feel is good. I feel good because I feel nothing. No guilt for smashing my mother's vase. No immense amount of pain from Michael leaving me too. I don't even feel any self hate for relapsing.

Instead of going too deep into my thoughts, I turn my head to the right and my eyes land on Jessica and Jeffrey. They're lying on the couch, Jeff on top of Jessie, as he examines her face closely and she runs her hands through his hair continuously.

Yeah, you two are fucking cute, we get it.

Jackson is also on the floor, lying the opposite direction of me but his head is right next to mine. When he first got here, he was pissed at me. But as the night has gone on, he's warmed up and now it's just like the old times.

"It's definitely not wet." Jeffrey states adamantly with a chuckle.

"Dude, how can water not be wet?" Jackson replies, turning his head to look at Jeffrey causing his nose to brush against my cheek.

"Because it's just not." Jessie shrugs as she plays with Jeff's bottom lip, seeming to be in a trance.

"So you're telling me that water, a substance that makes things wet, isn't wet itself?" Jax says, as he picks up a piece of my hair and starts to twirl it around his finger. I'm so out of it I barely even notice.

"Yes, Jackson." Jeff sighs as if he's speaking to a child. "Look at it this way; if you have a puddle of water and you pour more water on that water, does it make that water wet?"

"Jeffrey," Jackson suddenly sits up and leans his back against the chair he was previously sitting in. I then feel him slip his hands under my shoulders and gently pull me across the floor until my back is leaning against his chest. I'm shocked by the unexpected move from him, but I barely feel the emotion of shock so I just ignore it altogether and get comfortable in his hold. "That was the biggest load of bullshit you have ever spewed out of your mouth."

"How was that bullshit?" Jessica laughs lazily.

"Because of course if you pour water on water it's not going to get wetter. That's like saying if you set fire on fire that fire will become hotter." Jackson answers as if obvious.

The room goes silent. We all sit there, looking between each other, for a few seconds. Then Jessica, Jeffrey, and I all burst into laughter.

"What?!" Jackson exclaims while we're all still laughing.

"You're just making yourself look even more idiotically stupid, dumbass!" Jessie cackles as she runs her hands up and down her boyfriend's arms.

"Idiotically stupid?!" Jackson sits forward, causing my limp body to move with his. I lazily slump forward against my legs, but Jax pulls me back up when he sits back into the chair. "This is why you should've given college a chance, obviously high school wasn't enough for you."

"Says the one who thinks water is wet!" Jessie laugh-shouts back. "And you are idiotically stupid."

"No he's not," I chuckle, speaking for the first time in the last 30 minutes. "He's just not asking the right questions or saying the right things."