Chapter 26: Rin Uchiha [Shippuden]

**Authors Note:

Hello everyone! Sorry, this took so long, I was having a lot of trouble figuring out where to go from the last two chapters but I think I have my bearings again. 

So, for anyone interested we are on episode 340/341 of Shippuden. The chapters are going to start getting a little longer just cause I don't want to cut too many action sequences in half. I think it'll make for smoother reading that way :) 

We will be getting back into the main war and all the good stuff fairly soon and once it starts it all kind of happens rather quickly. I'm excited for what's to come and hope you guys are too! :D

Now then please comment, vote, and enjoy!

**

Sasuke

Rin's stillness had become more unsettling than her shaking. She was beginning to feel heavy in my arms, and I was a little lightheaded from feeding her so much of my chakra. I glanced up at Itachi who looked like he was still getting used to being alive.

"Why have we stopped?"

"You need rest, so will Rin" Itachi replied. I  knelt cautiously, my head spinning a little as I carefully set Rin on the ground. I took a seat in front of her, keeping space between us and Itachi as I glanced at him.

"What about you?"

"I've rested long enough" I rolled my eyes.

"You're still not funny."

"You still don't have a sense of humor" He replied casually.

"Can you not do that?"

"What?"

"Act like any of this is normal, act like we're all just going to go back to how things were" I stood up, raising my voice slightly as I met his gaze.

"This doesn't change anything. You still killed our family, I still killed you, and if Rin dies because she brought you back then I want nothing to do with you. I can barely stand looking at you, you didn't deserve her sacrifice!" I shouted. Itachi remained calm, this somehow upset me more.

"I don't expect things to ever return to how we once were, and I know I don't deserve her sacrifice. I owe you both more than I'll ever be able to repay in this life or the next" He replied.

"But I would like to believe that we could be friends again," He said cautiously.

"Friends?"

"We'll have to start somewhere. I don't expect you to ever consider me your brother again, but I'd like to try to be your friend," I wasn't sure what to reply, so I decided to change the subject.

"What was that jutsu?" He sighed, glancing at Rin who seemed to be getting paler. Her breathing was shallow and quiet. 

"It's nameless, the signs must be passed down by a previous user. It's not a jutsu that can be used by just anyone. It requires blood and chakra to bind and create, most similar to a summoning. Rin didn't bring me back, but she was powerful enough to summon a creature that could" He began.

"For humans to bring other humans back it requires an equal exchange, normally a life for a life. What Rin did requires you to face your greatest fear. Should you succeed in overcoming it then that is what is accepted as a sacrifice. It finds your fear, if the challenge is accepted then they will ask the other if they accept the sacrifice."

"So, you still had a choice?"

"The dead deserve respect and the option to remain at peace" He replied.