eighteen

October 27
7:56PM
niall's POV

I was infuriated, angry, pissed off, annoyed, frustrated, mad, and all the negative words dealing with anger.

I scoffed at my idiocy, I can't believe I thought that Harry would be my friend. I can't believe I was excited to talk to him. And all for what? For him to blow me off in front of his friends. It was humiliating and it hurt me because I thought things would be different. I thought that after all those texts, we could be friends. We could develop something between us.

I shook my head, feeling myself begin to think about Harry calling me 'baby doll' and the many times that I wondered what the pet name meant. I sighed and looked at my phone, which was on Do Not Disturb. I don't know why if Harry was the only one who would text me and I had already blocked him. I clicked on the home button to turn it on and my heart jumped when I saw the notifications.

Harry had found a way to text me. Through Instagram. I suppressed a smile that was threatening to overcome my face as I read his, may I say, desperate messages. I couldn't forgive him after what happened.

Flashbacks of what happened earlier that day ran through my head.
I was standing beside my dark red locker, already having put my journals and books necessary for later classes in it.

As I was there, I saw him laughing with his friends, the jocks. I rolled my eyes when I saw one of them check a girl out not so subtly. But my eyes stayed fixated on Harry Styles. He was gorgeous and it was no wonder why all the girls in the school wanted him. Hell, even guys wanted him or they wanted to be him. His hair was curly and it looked so soft. I made a mental note to ask him what product he used for his hair later on.

I watched as his friends all left and he stayed at his locker, choosing the materials he needed for his classes. As if he felt my stare, he looked up at me and we made eye contact with each other. I panicked inside because I didn't know what to do. Did I smile at him? Did I roll my eyes? Wait, why would I roll my eyes? Did I look away? My questions went away when Harry smiled at me and motioned with his hand for me to go to him.

I bit my lip, feeling nervous but I forced my feet to walk toward him. It seemed like an eternity as I walked but I finally got there after 5 seconds. There was still some people around the hallway and I was sure this would catch their attention– a blonde boy they had never seen talking to Harry Styles.

Harry smiled at me and I felt myself lose control. His smile was so cute. His teeth were pearly white and his lips were perfect. I started to think that everything about him was perfect. But that was impossible. Right?

"Hey b–" Harry started to say but he was cut off when his friends interrupted. They looked at me and I swore it was with disgust. "Who's this loser?" Ahh, right. Forgot to mention that his friends were total jackasses that bullied people like me.

I didn't know what I expected Harry to do but it sure wasn't what he did. He scoffed, looking me up and down and said, "how the hell should I know? I've never seen him in my life. He just came up to me and started talking to me." My heart dropped to my stomach and as we made eye contact, I saw that he was sorry. He looked hurt but why would he look hurt? What right did he have to feel hurt when he had just said those things about me?

As his friends started laughing along with you, they called me names but I didn't register it. I felt like I was underwater and I couldn't hear clearly but I heard Harry say, "come on guys, let's get away from this loser." As he left, he bumped his shoulder into mine, making me hurt more.

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

harry's dumb : (

—d.