chapter 6

That afternoon, Snape made another series of jibes about Harry in the Entrance Hall in front of over thirty people. It took all his resolve not to say anything, but he need not have said anything.

The following day, Harry went to the Great Hall following Charms to find people walking out of the castle carrying bags and boxes. He walked over to Ron (despite the interhouse rivalries, which Harry couldn't care less about, he and Ron (and the rest of the Weasleys) were still friends). "What's going on here?" he asked. "It seems the Greasy Haired Git has got a lot of outstanding gambling debts which he either refuses to pay or he can't, so everything he owns is being taken away to cover his debts." Ron answered with a laugh. "Yeah, he owes my Potions teacher from Sydney fifty galleons from their last game." Harry said.

Later that day, a man walked up to Harry in the Great Hall during the evening meal. "Mr. Potter?" the man asked. Harry nodded. The man put a tiny box down on the table and enlarged it. "During a confiscation of Severus Snape's belongings, several books and personal possessions of House Potter were found. He could provide no satisfactory explanation as to why they were in his possession and upon consultation with Sirius Black, it was confirmed that they were stolen from your home in Godric's Hollow." "Thank you." Harry said.

Harry woke up on the morning of the first task with nerves. He went down to the Great Hall to have something to eat. Cedric Diggory came up to him.

"Good luck today, Potter." He said, "I know you don't know too much about Hogsmeade but here's a clue – remember the route you took to the village from the castle." "Thanks." Harry said. Then, before he could do anything else, he suddenly felt two heavy weights on his legs. He looked down and saw his three year old twin cousins Isobel and Miranda, who were pleased to see their 'big brother' again. Aunt Sarah was walking down the Great Hall. Like her twin sister, Sarah had red hair with emerald green eyes but she had a bit of weight to her. The twins looked just like her. "What have I told you about clinging onto my legs, you little buggers?" Harry asked the twins. "Nothing, big brother." They both said in cute innocent voices. "What did I tell you would happen if you did it again?" he asked. "We don't know." They said, trying to sound very innocent (and succeeding). Everyone was watching. Harry managed to prise the twins from his legs and passed Miranda to Luna. "Hold on to her for a moment please." Harry said. "This is what happens to you for clinging onto my legs." Harry sat Isobel down on the table and started tickling her. She started laughing and giggling. He then took Miranda from Luna and did the same to her. Everyone watched to see what was causing all the laughing and giggling. After a few minutes, Harry stopped and turned to face Aunt Sarah. "We thought we'd come and support you in the task. Ms. Daniels had to force Dumbledore to allow some supporters to come." She said. As she was talking, the twins ran back to her carrying chocolate. "Excuse me you little buggers," Harry said, "Accio twins." The twins were summoned back to Harry. "That is my chocolate, you little ratbags. I think you two need to be tickled again," he said, "Luna, would you like to sort this one out?" he asked Luna. "I'd love to." Luna said. She started to tickle Miranda while Harry tickled Isobel again. Laughing and giggling could be heard all across the Great Hall. People started to show contempt for Dumbledore for trying to break up a loving family. "Perfect summoning charm Mr. Potter," Professor Flitwick said, "If you need a good tickling charm, try this one." He walked over to the twins (who were making no attempt to escape) and cast a charm which caused both of them to be tickled at once. "Thank you Professor." Harry said. Everyone started laughing. McGonagall looked at Dumbledore with evil in her face. "I can't believe you want to separate a loving family like that. I warned you that the Dursleys were the wrong sort of people to raise Harry Potter!" she said. "It's in his best interests, Minvera," Dumbledore said, "He must be kept in the Muggle world when not at Hogwarts until I deem fit to let him into our world full time." "Albus – why don't you admit it – you've lost," McGonagall said, "Just let him have his childhood. It wouldn't surprise me if you entered him into the Triwizard just to keep him here and to find out what he's learnt. Sarah Falk has raised him well and those girls love him, just look at them." Dumbledore didn't say anything, although he was not willing to admit defeat.