C2. Startling Her Husband

For the first time, Mo Qian Xue quietly laid beside her unconscious husband as she carefully observed his face. This was the man who had shared her company for the past three days.

He appeared to be in his early twenties. Although his face was ashen from illness, his sickly state still couldn't mask the attractive whiteness of his skin. The man had sharp eyebrows, a high bridged nose, perfectly shaped lips, and slender eyes.

He was actually very handsome!

Sister Fang said that he had appeared in the village a few months ago.

Within that short period of time he had become famous and respected!

As long as she was nice to him, Mo Qian Xue wouldn't have to worry about being sold as a slave.

In fact, this man's beauty was quite satisfying to the eyes.

At least Buddha didn't give her a leper or a cripple, or anything similar.

Back in modern times, her family had always forced her to go on blind dates, to the point that she was starting to get sick of it. Thinking about it, her situation now was quite funny. She had crossed over after a shocking "blind date" and before she knew it, she had a "blind marriage" of Chong Xi to a stranger in the province. Such a funny coincidence caused Mo Qian Xue to smile. She turned to the sickly man and said, "I will take good care of you from now on, so if you want to live, do hurry up and get better."

Now that she planned to survive here, it was only natural that she explored her new environment.

Taking a good look at the interior portion of the house, Mo Qian Xue's heart felt as if it was doused with cold water.

This home can only be described with two words....

Extremely Poor!

The house was small and the bedroom's layout was simple.

All of the furnitures in the room were severely damaged while the the brown rice jar was left completely empty in the kitchen.

Even the vegetable fields behind the yard were all covered in weeds.

Fortunately, there was a decent well in the backyard. Mo Qian Xue got up to fetch some clean water.

Nothing else could be done to cure this man, so she could only warm some water to wipe his face, at least to help him feel better.

Mo Qian Xue held a towel and brushed it against his forehead. Then she reached out to wipe his hands. As she looked at the man's clean, white hands, trace of warmth along with fond memories flitted across her mind. In her nostalgia, she picked up the man's slender hands and examined them.

In the past she had learned a lot of skills in palm reading, and today it seems that it would come in handy. Maybe she could ascertain something from his hands.

"The lines are quite varied...It seems that this person has many complicated feelings!"

"The middle line of the palm goes straight to the middle finger. This person is very clever...." Mo Qian Xue stroked the long line on his palm as she continued to speak.

However, she suddenly had a feeling of being watched. She inadvertently turned to see a pair of slender eyes staring at her, for who knows how long.

The man's eyes were deep as a well. On a closer look, his gaze was cool and indifferent while his face revealed a cold expression.

Mo Qian Xue suddenly stood up, only to remember that she was still grasping the stranger's hand. She quickly let go in embarrassment. Such a cold gaze caused her cheeks to blush, as if she was caught in wrong doing.