Watching

I know she's watching. I scribbled on the test, as I tried to ignore the piercing gaze. Suddenly a hand landed on my shoulder, and I jumped.

"What's going on, Jack?" Ms. Valerie smiled. I smiled awkwardly. "Nothing." I looked down and continued. She's always watching. I turn behind and I look at Maria, with her gaze looking at me before she turn away. I turn away too.

After the test, I was ready to get out of class. But Jane stopped me, telling me that Ms. Valerie wanted me in her class.

I went in.

Ms Valerie smiled at me. "Hello, Jack. I'm glad to see you here."

"What do you want, Ms Valerie?" I shuffled my feet. I didn't want to be here. Especially not alone with her.

"What do I want, Jack? Nothing really. I just want to talk to you." She wanted something...and I know what she wanted. Problem is I don't know her yet.

"You see, Jack, I'm a teacher. I see potential. And I see it in you."

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked, breathlessly. I clench my fist.

"Oh, why should I? You managed to expose my half-brother, Jack. You managed to find the corpses that he had hid for so long. No one ever did, but you did. Not that you'll ever find the corpses that I have, but dear, I love it when someone manages to snitch on that bastard."

Cayden Smit. The killer who killed fifty people in this town. The man who almost killed Maria. If I wasn't there, she would be dead. I reported it, but nobody found the evidence. I had to search evidence to incarnate him. But there was another monster all along.

"You see, Jack, I'm different from Cayden. He loves the killing-I love the chase." She stepped closer to me, putting a finger under my chin. "Cayden can never wait for his victim's weakest point, but I can. You'll never see me come, Jack. You may sleep in bed one day, and there would be a knife in you next day. You could be walking on the sidewalk, and a car would run you into a building. You could be in anywhere, and I'll get you. I'll make your death my performance. I'll wait, so one day I'll see your face in the best possible expression ever."

She stepped back. She smiled again. "I'll be watching you, Jack. Now go off with your remaining life. Remember the wolf will always eat the sheep."

When I was out of the classroom, I leaned against a wall. I felt the fear. Then I calmed down.

In my last school, five people died in various ways, one including drowning. They gang raped my sister, who committed suicide. I still remember my hands holding him under water, watching him die in front of me.

No one found out who was the murderer.

I smile.

Bitch, we'll see who's the sheep.