five

05 x I'm sex on legs, baby

----

—————

—————

After the onus of responsibility as Captain America was handed over, Sam had started to rethink his priorities. Other than serving the nation and helping out the mentally unwell veterans, there were some things he just couldn't seem to get out of his mind. He would be facing bigger obstacles while handling obligations that were too delicate to be left astray.

And of course, everyone had that special person on their agenda. Tia was his. He didn't think he could respect a person even more; that respect he held for her had changed to affection. Whether it was that ability to make things brighter in her own way or having his back during the times he doubted himself, she was unbreakable. He loved her, simple. He only wished she truly felt the same way about him.

'You're right, I should have given you a heads up.'

There it was. The unfortunate fixer-upper Sam could never come to understand. He couldn't help but smile when Tia angrily tapped her pen over the book she had opened on her lap. Dark lips thinned to a purse, her forehead creasing in tension. Oh, you know, it was the look. 

Maybe the park was a bad idea to start with. To the contrary belief, Tia was terrible at anything athletic. She couldn't run to save her life and it was funny to watch her pant like a dog after a mere ten minutes of jogging. And to fix this problem they had arrived at a resolution. He runs, she follows. Slowly. 

So, after thirty minutes of wayward running through the city, they had settled under the virescent shade of a tree and let her rest her tired legs. Being a med student, it was necessary for her to reap her skills wherever necessary. And anywhere she left, Sam noticed her carry-on essential was a book. 

'You know your communication skills still need help,' Sam muttered as he picked on a lone leaf that had drifted down on his lap. 'It has improved.'

'Is it working?'

He grinned. 'Keep talking.'

'I don't want you to feel overwhelmed about meeting my family,' she looked at him after sucking a deep breath. 'I would totally understand if you can't make it to the wedding.'

He chuckled in disbelief. 'Where the hell is this coming from?'

'I overheard Elle talk about you backing out,' she mentioned quietly.

He raised a brow in question. It only seemed to irk her more.

'What is your problem, dude?' She smacked the side of his shoulder with the force of fleeting feather. To humour her, he delivered a dramatic wince. 'I know your decisions like the back of my hand. You better get your ass back to that woman and tell her you're in.'