A Prank Gone Right

I wanted to take a walk in the town that very night. I sensed Ichabod on a horse that was given to him. As soon as I walked out of my home, the sound of hooves faded by me. He was headed to the bridge, looking for the Hessian. I decided to follow him quietly.

*Ichabod's POV*

I headed to the bridge looking for the Headless Horseman Lord Van Tassel told me about. As I took more steps forward, I heard a noise. I turned around.

"Who's there?"

I felt really nervous. All of a sudden, I saw him, the Headless Horseman right in front of my eyes!

"Hyah!"

I took off with my horse trying to get away. The Headless Horseman threw a flamed pumpkin at me, I fell off my horse and to the ground, bits of fire were around me as the horseman rode away. I then heard some boys laughing, I then realized it was a joke. Before fainting, I saw Ginger, the woman I saw at the party who claims to know me and my mother.

*Ginger's POV*

I ran to Ichabod as he fainted.

"Ichabod!"

He was already out cold. I sensed it was a joke by a few boys not far from us.

I walked to the boys as they were still laughing.

"You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!"

"Miss. Ginger!"

"Constable Crane is trying to solve a case here in Sleepy Hollow and you boys go and do something so immature! How could you!?"

"We-"

"I don't care if it was a harmless joke! Go home this instant, go on."

They left in shame. I went back to Ichabod, put him over the back of his horse and I walked them back to town.