When they came

104th Trainee, 12 years old, Mako Ai. I came here so I could join the survey corps and protect the rest of my surviving family. After the rest of my family and I escaped, we managed to get to wall rose. The next 2 years after they attacked, I left home to join the military police and protect my mother, my little brother, Yu, and my younger sister, Ruth, inside the walls of wall rose. We used to actually have a father, and another brother.. but it all changed the day the titans came. No one knows what they are or where they came from. They don't seem to have any interest in anything else but our kind. 100 years ago humanity was nearly brought to extinction by the titans, everyone was being devoured all at once by these giant man-eaters. Luckily, the rest of our surviving population was able to build these walls, Wall Maria, Wall Rose, and Wall Sina. If it hadn't been for that, our kind would've gone extinct centuries ago! Most people go join the survey corps for attention and glory when they don't even know what the hell they're dealing with. These monsters.. These.. Beasts.. They.. Aren't what you expect out of them. They don't even have to eat to survive! Get that? So we're nothing but a little 'toy' for them to play around with until we break. We're nothing but a game to those titans. The day they entered the walls was the day my father and older brother, Marco, died. It was the first time I realized how cruel this world really could be. Marco and I were a year apart. We lived in the Shiganshina District and I was out grabbing errands with father and Marco. That's when we heard this scream come from the other side from where we were. Everyone rushed to where we heard the scream, suddenly there was a huge thunder and a lightning struck outside of the gate. The impact was strong enough to cause an earthquake. The ground shook around us as we saw something grab the wall. It was a titan's hand. Everyone started screaming as the titans head appeared over the wall. That's when the titan rose its leg and struck a kick towards the wall. There was a enormous gap in the wall now, suddenly all the titans started coming in the wall. You would only hear the sounds of people screaming and sounds of gashing of blood being splattered everywhere as what happened 100 years ago happened once again. When the titan kicked the wall all sorts of rock and debris came shooting out everywhere like meteors from the sky. Then a huge rock came smashing down towards Marco and I. Father saw what was happening and pushed us out of the way, being smashed by the great rock instead. I started yelling, screaming for him to come back, it was stupid for me to do that, after all, his whole body was smashed in the impact and everything came flying everywhere. Marco had to pull me away to get away and tell the rest of our family that the wall had been breached. He ended up carrying me away from father since I wouldn't even get up. I was a spoiled boy for I had risked Marco and my life for that stupid mistake. When we got to the house, there was nothing there. We didn't have enough time to search the house since there were more titans appearing from every corner you saw. We ran to the boats where everyone was getting on with all the crowds of terrified people. I was just about to get on when suddenly a man pushed against us running towards the boat. That's when all these titans came back into the walls coming our way. The men that were controlling the boat started closing the gates to enter the boat. People started screaming in fear to be left behind. Parents of young children yelled, saying to take their kids instead of them if they wouldn't take the adults. The men ignored theme they ignored us. We were furious. Then people started trying to jump onto the boat from where they were. Some people made it, for the unlucky ones.. They wouldn't make the jump and fall into the water. I saw them starting to sink into the water, drowning. Marco had enough from waiting, he then grabbed me and started talking nonsense about jumping onto the boat before it was too late. I didn't believe him but there was no choice, the titans were coming in again and we didn't have time for any other plan. As the boat was getting away Marco pushed me towards the edge where I then ended up jumping onto the boat unexpectedly. I was filled with relief and about as much happiness to even smile it off. But when I looked back all the titans were already there, grabbing everyone in the crowds. I couldn't find Marco anywhere, that's when I heard a yell that almost sounded like his and I just closed my eyes in fear believing it would be him. He's gone now, Marco is gone. He was 11 at the time, Marco would've been 13 by now. So here I am, back to the present where I, Mako, now the man of the household, and eldest of the Ai Family, is going out to be in the survey corps for the sake of my family.