Chapter five

Rantaro woke to something large and warm beside him. He looked over and smiled softly at the detective. He wrapped his arms around the smaller male and heard an 'Ahem' from the doorway. His eyes widened and he shot up like a rocket, coming face to face with Kaito, Maki, Keade, and Kokichi. "Uh, Hey guys. What brings you here so early?", Rantaro says with distress. Keade laughs, "Amami, It's almost noon." Rantaro frowned, "Oh..." Kokichi gave him a small snicker, "You were to busy cuddling sleepyhead over there than to pay attention to the time. Man, you sly dog, Rantaro." 

           The green-haired male groans, sitting up without disturbing the detective sleeping peacefully beside him. Kokichi watches him closely, "Your being awfully careful there buster-" He says, walking over and examining Shuichi intently. Rantaro frowns, "Yeah, what of it? Leave him be you tiny-crotch-goblin." Kokichi puts a hand to his chest, a mock look of distress and pain painting his face in its lying colors, "Ouch- I'm not a crotch goblin! I'm a crotch Gremlin thank you very much, young man!" He poked out his lower lip in a pout. Rantaro rolled his eyes and looked at the other three with a plea in his eyes to somehow restrain Kokichi and make him shut up.

            Maki got the gist, walking forward in a swift motion. She grabbed Kokichi by the collar of his shirt and drug him out of the room. They most likely went to the hospital cafeteria, where the rest of the NDRV3 cast was relaxing and having lunch. Kaito watches the two leave, then turns to Rantaro This was the first time he had spoke up, "So..... did anything happen last night with his status?" He asks. Rantaro looks at the sleeping boy beside him, "Yeah actually, last night he-" 

     He was cut off by a long groan from the detective. Shuichi sat up, rubbing his sleep clouded eyes. He yawned and blinked in the stinging light of the hospital room. He saw Rantaro, who was looking at him with curiosity shining in his eyes. "Good morning Rantaro," Shuichi states, a sweet smile drawn on his face.  "First name bases now huh?" Keade calls from in front of them. Shuichi's eyes widen and his head spins around, coming face to face with Kaito and Keade. Tears welled in his eyes, "Y-Your ok!" He choked back happy, relieved sobs. "I-I missed you!" He cries. Keade rushes over and tackles the boy in a hug, "We missed you to you idiot! We were so worried when you didn't wake up!" 

       Kaito smiled, standing behind Keade Akamatsu, "'s good to see 'ya again Shuichi. Nuthin can take down my trusty sidekick easily huh?" He grinned, grateful to be able to talk to Shuichi once more. He thought Those famous last words "the impossibles possible, all ya got to do is make it so!" would be his last to his friend. Keade jumped off Shuichi, bouncing like a big ball of enthusiastic energy, "Ah! Just wait till everyone else knows you're awake!! This is awesome! Gosh, I'm so happy to have you back here with us Shuichi! I am going to go tell everyone right now! I'll be right back guys! Don't have too much fun without me!" the blonde teased then rushed out of the room. Shuichi smiled a bit, shaking his head slightly, "Always so cheerful and optimistic... I'm....... I'm glad she didn't have to go through that hell hole for long... You to Rantaro. Ah, speaking of which, Kaito... how are you?" 

      The astronaut shakes his head, "I'm fine Shuichi. I mean, in a way, I got to live out my dream. I went to space." Shuichi shivered at the memories that flooded through his mind. The sight of the space ship crashing down into the trial room, opening to reveal the sight of Kaito Momota's dead body lying there in a pool of his own blood, with a smile. Both the other males in the room looked at him with concern. "You ok?" Kaito asks. Shuichi nods, waving a hand, "I- I am fine Kaito..." He didn't seem sure of that answer himself though. He simply smiled to play it off. "I'm okay." Kaito sighed, "Well, alright. If you say so. But don't forget you have friends there for you if you need to talk. We all went through what you did, well, you, maki roll, and Yumeno went through it the longest, but you get where I am going... We are all here for you Shuichi." 

     The raven-haired boy smiles sadly, "Thank you, I appreciate it." He clutched his blanket tightly in his hands.   Rantaro placed a soothing and on Shuichi's back, trying to comfort him. "Hey, I'll go get some food for you and bring it here so you can eat, how's that sound?" He asks, his voice filled with calm concern. You could tell Rantaro loved the detective with all he had and would go to any measure to protect him. Shuichi nods, "I would like that, thank you." 
He nods and gets up, leaving the room as a group of teenagers enter the room. The feeling of sadness, fear, happiness, and several other emotions poured into Shuichi, filling him to the brim with mixed feelings. He saw Kirumi, Korekiyo, Tenko, Miu, Himiko, and a few others in the crowd. The images of their brutal executions or their dire, selfish, needy, and desperate murders played out in his mind, making him feel nauseous. The kids talked over each other, cries of joy, sadness, and longing heard from the ultimate students. Shuichi's observative gold grey eyes scanned the crowd. They stopped at the person he didn't want to see. The sight filled him with anger and despair. 

        Shining beneath glass panes, deep, piercing blue eyes looked right back at Shuichi's. The owner's long blue hair flowing down their back, slightly tangled. Distress and worry shone from the glossy orbs behind the glasses. Shuichi's whole body tensed. He gritted his teeth and glared at her. The woman he despised. The woman who ruined everyone's lives and made them kill each other. The woman obsessed with Junko Enoshima.

                                                                 Tsumugi Shirogane

//Hey hey! Sai here! Sorry about not really updating anything lately. Life has been hectic. My mom's in and out of the hospital cause of cancer stuff, but she's getting better. I'm behind in school and need to catch up. I have been busy these past few months, please do forgive me. I love writing for you guys. The kind comments Ya'll leave behind really brighten my day. You all make me strive to make a better person out of myself. I appreciate all of the love and support you give. And guess what!? We hit over 1000 words with this chapter! That is a real feat!! 

I am not sponsored, but you may notice that there are no grammatical errors in this chapter too, ell, that's because I have downloaded Grammarly.  I have seen adds for it, but I just found it stupid. Then my sister said i should use it for an essay i had for school, and I must say, it's a real lifesaver. If you write using an electronic, I definitely suggest getting Grammarly! It's free! 

Love you all! Till next time!!

{~Sai~}