broken part 4

Korriban

Before the fall of the Sith Korriban was their homeworld, now it was merely their graveyard. Several times a rogue Jedi or Sith Lord would come hoping to steal treasures or find weapons. Darth Krayt, however came for neither, he came for knowledge.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion." Krayt chanted. "Through passion, I gain strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall free me." As Krayt recited the Sith Code he channeled his Force lightning into the three holocrons he was levitating, activating them. "Dark lords who have gone before, whose malevolent wisdom lies sealed within these holocrons, I summon you." He commanded. "I open my mind to your teachings, now open the secrets of your power." Out of the holocrons appeared three ghostly figures.

"So, the would be Sith returns." One of the figures scoffed, the disdain in his eyes clear even through his helmet.

"Lord Andeddu, Lord Nihilus, Lord Bane answer me, teach me, such is my will."

"My knowledge is not for you, you are not a Sith, pretender, nor are your rabble." Darth Bane said. "This was my lesson two Sith should there be, no more. One holding power, one desiring it, you defy my teaching."

"I have improved on it, instead of two there is now only one , the Sith order itself." Krayt replied. "I have recreated the Sith, Lord Bane, as you once did. I have given it purpose, for what use is power without one."

"Power is its own purpose, to share it is to dilute it." Bane snapped back. "You delude yourself, pretender, your order will yet turn on itself and you."

Lord Andeddu, one of the other Sith Lords finally spoke. "The heretic comes for the same reason it came last time. Its body is failing, it fears that which is consuming it."

"Lord Bane, you mastered the parasites that attacked your body as these Yuuzhan Vong life forms feed on mine, how?" He asked, when he received no answer he turned to the next Sith. "Lord Andeddu, legend holds that your body died, but you used the Force to keep it vivified, how?" He was beginning to grow desperate now, the fear of his fate pushing him on. "Lord Nihilus, you escaped death by containing you consciousness within your armor, how?" Unlike the others Darth Nihilus answered… in incoherent whispers, so Darth Bane answered for him.

"Weak willed pretender, behold your fate."

Krayt let his guard down, let his fear weaken his resolve allowing the Vong growths in his body to spread. Spikes grew from his forearms, his armor and skin began to become one.

"No!" Krayt shouted. "I take what I desire, I am the living lord of the Sith." Krayt channeled his anger his pain into the Force, attempting to force back down the Vong growths. "This is not the truth and it is not my destiny." Force lighting began to surround him and the spikes began to recede. "I forge my own way, I walk a new path and if you will not serve me begone!" With that he shut off the holocrons. "I will find other teachings, I will find another way."

Vendaxa

Cain and the crew landed in the jungle of Vendaxa with relative ease, however after that was another story.

"This way, it's this way." Astraal said, as she led the way. Cade and his crew were right behind her firing their blasters, trying to ward off what had followed them.