Chapter 1

They did it. They actually did it. That's all that runs through my mind right now. I knew after she shot it I needed to get down here as fast as they can, I knew I couldn't have stayed, the thought of the chaos happening right now there. I stare out the window as I am passing by the blurs that are the districts. I remember the first time I was on this train staring out, the wonder and happiness in my eyes, the curiosity in my young mind. Now that was over five years ago. Now in this train I stare out as a kind of last goodbye, the thought of how different my world may be tomarrow, my gut instincts saying that I am probably going to survive this, and hoping to God that he comes home. I have seen a lot of horrible things in the past, and some of those things have nearly tipped me over the edge. With Cinna gone, him and my dad are what keeps me going, what I hold onto. But when the change that I have tried to create for years comes, if I have to lose Peeta to get there, Snow can bet that he won't be sitting on that bloodstained throne for much longer, and I'll add his own onto it too.
                        About 1 year ago...

I pass over the giant gate, finally after 20 minutes of wandering around. I turn around and see it behind me, a giant metal gate with a faded brass sign reading Victor's Village with our own District 12 insignia on it. I see two near endless rows of houses,all the same. A creamish color and white rooves border the walkway, now begining to be strewn with leaves. It is barely even September, and already leaves have begun to fall and I am already outfitted in a sweater and jeans. I imagine the loneliness it is here, with an unimaginable amount of houses here, while only three of those houses are occupied with any sort of life. I remember Gale telling me where Katniss' one was, besides her family he was the first person she saw when she came back, but with Peeta, I guess I'll have to find his on my own.

It has only been a day since The Games, and I know I don't know in what state they may be in when I come, but they mean a lot to me, and with all they went through, especially Prim and Peeta, I felt an obligation that I needed to see them as soon as possible, for my sake as well as theirs.

I finally reach the house that (ironically enough) is number 12. I fix my hair, still not used to its shorter length. I've always been afraid to get my hair dyed, the few times I did get compliments from people was when I went to the hair salon and they said I had really thick, healthy hair, and I had heard that dying it damaged it, but when my mom was trying to get me to start wearing wigs (Which I hated) Cinna decided instead to just dye my hair. Now instead of being brown and down to the middle of my back, it's right below my shoulders and there are streaks of pink and blond in it. I never wear my Capitol clothes when I am in the districts, but I thought they may like it, and it is hard to hide your hair.

I slowly walk up to the steps, slightly afraid of what I am about to come into, but I finally get the urge and reach the door. I softly knock on the door four times, fully aware that there is a doorbell. Waiting to hear yelling and crying from Katniss' traumatizing experiences from The Games, instead I hear quiet, but not just quiet, silence. After a couple seconds I finally hear some footsteps and the door is opened by Myrna Everdeen, Katniss' mother. She stares at me, confused. She looks me over, "Is that you, Skyra dear?" She asks me in the shrill voice she's  always had. "It's the hair isn't it?" I reply jokingly.

No more than five seconds later, I find myself in a hug, Miss Everdeen rocking me and crying on my shoulder, "Thank you thank you for everything bless you Miss Parkinson!" Then I remembered, alongside Gale, I had been providing food among many other things to The Everdeens while Katniss was in the games. I guess they kind of owe their survival to me. Finally she realizes how awkward this hug was and she releases me.

"So how is Peeta doing now, and Gale?" She asks, trying to act calm. "I actually haven't  visited them yet, I actually came to see Prim and District 12's champion, I promise no media is here to swarm you." I reply, trying to put some lightness into this eerily sad conversation. She nods vigorously, "Well yes yes, of course, Prim is in Katniss' bedroom." She turns around and she does something rare, she yells. "Prim, Katniss!" She yells from the door, then her voice goes back to normal, "you two have a visitor." Not hearing a response alarms me a bit, but I know how bad I want to see Prim, so I go anyways. I walk into the house and without taking a second look around, run over to Katniss' room as fast as I can, remembering Gale telling me which one it was,