Chapter Two - Unwinding

Chapter 2

The doors had opened, the opening act, The Train Station Soundtrack, had played. The crowd were stood in anticipation, awaiting for the band to finally arrive on stage. Rach, however, wasn’t there. She was outside of the venue near the tour bus, sitting down and leaning against the venue building. Hanna was inside of the tour bus, and the show was going to start in 5 minutes. Chris rapidly ran out of the venue’s back doors and made his way to the tour bus. He saw Rach, which caught him by surprise. Instead of going on the bus, he walked over to her and sat down next to her.

“Girlie, the show’s about to start! Come inside, it’ll be a blast,” he reassured her. She seemed distraught; she had travelled a long distance to see him, but she felt like it was a waste. She ignored him. The silence made her feel good. It helped her to think.

“Look, I can’t tell Hanna-”

“I don’t give a fuck if you tell her or not, I don’t like her anyway. You gave me butterflies in there when you looked me in the eyes and held me in your arms, Chris. Butterflies.When you looked me in the eyes outside the venue, I felt like we connected. Like you liked me. Seeing you with your tongue down another fans throat just tore me. If it was Hanna, I wouldn’t have cared, because she’s your girlfriend. But another fan?” Rach wiped her face with the sleeve of her hoodie, and tried to stay happy. She just couldn’t do it.

“You have to remember that I’m in a relationship.”

“Well, you obviously didn’t, if you were throwing yourself onto another fan. What the fuck is wrong with you?”

“…I really… I really don’t know. I’m fucked up.”

“I feel you.”

Chris stood up and turned to Rachel, and held out his hand.

“Come on girl, I’ll take you in and get you into the front row. Ok? I want you to know that I think you’re great,” he sighed. Rachel held his hand, and he pulled her up to her feet. He lead her into the venue’s back doors, and took her next to the stage.

“Jump down off the stage and mingle with the crowd, don’t let any of them give you shit for going to the front.” She looked to her left and saw Scott, the tech manager, make sure everything was running smoothly. Taylor and Hayden were stood next to each other, arguing about ‘derp’ typing. She snuck onto the side of the stage and jumped down into the front row.

“Hey, what the fuck?” fans started pushing and screaming at her. She blanked all of them, but they still kept threatening her.

“Fucking move or I’ll punch you,” a fan behind her howled into her ear. Chris sneakily walked onto the stage in front of Rachel.

“Leave her alone, ok? I let her go there,” he nodded to the part of the crowd that surrounded Rach, and walked back off. The whole venue squealed as loud as they could.

“Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris,” they chanted. The lights went down, and the band walked onto the stage. Chris walked to the microphone stand with his guitar strap holding his guitar securely around him.

“Who’s ready to fucking rock?” he rhetorically belted down the mic. The audience cheered, and the spotlights shone all around the venue.

~

The show had finished, and hundreds of fans huddled up outside of the venue, next to the tour bus. Rach searched around for Alli, but she was nowhere to be seen. She became suspicious, she knew Alli would stay after the show to meet the band. Not caring if she got in trouble, she entered the venue through the back doors, and looked for a bathroom. Chris and Alli were inside of the backstage bathroom. Alli was against the wall, and Chris was dominating her. Her hands were sliding up and down his naked back, as she moaned and bit his lip. Their lips moved in a quick rhythm, along with Chris’ hands. He teasingly slid his hands into her jeans, and slid them back out again. She pulled away from his face.