Tuned In | Damien x Reader

Context
Legend has it that soulmates are linked together at birth. The only way they are able to find each other is when the other one sings. As absurd as it sounds, when one soul sings, the other one is able to hear it in their head.

Key
Y/N - Your name
L/N - Last name
Italics - Damien
Underlined - You
Italics and Underlined - Together

Your Point of View

I do not know who this man was plaguing my thoughts, but I could tell one thing: he loved to sing.

His voice sounded like something straight out of a movie; a tone as smooth as honey and as delicate as artwork.

I never responded to him because I hate how I sounded, but there has to be times where I have slipped and let out an unintentional note or two.

"I dont know you, but I would love to meet you. Let me show you how good it is to see you. I think that we should.. I think that we should be friends"

There he goes again. There was a different tone this time, however. He sounded almost upset that I never responded.

"We'll get drunk, laugh and tell each other's fortunes. Share private jokes like we're old friends. And I'll wish that this first kiss never ends, never ends. Words won't fail me everyday we spend together now."

I took a deep breath. It's time I finally introduced myself to him.

"I don't know you, but I would love to meet you. Let me show you how good it is to see you. I think that we should - I think that we should be friends."

The man abruptly stopped, but I didn't notice until after I sang.

"Hello?"  The familiar voice sung out. I blinked a few times before coming to the realization he was talking to me.

"Hello from the other side." I quietly replied.

"I need my current location to be your current location." For a man who I've never sung to, we sure did know a lot of the same songs. I tried to quickly think of the best song to fit where I lived.

"Welcome to the Hotel California." The Eagles may be slightly outdated, but it was close enough.

"I'm from L dot A dot Californ-I-A hot." I gasped at this new information. We've lived in the same city all this time, but never met up. This is what I get for never replying.

"Me too." I announced.

"Walk down Hollywood Boulevard." With that, the voice ceased. My best guess is that he wanted to meet up on Hollywood Boulevard right now.

I quickly got up from my couch and rushed to my room. I know this was such a big day all of a sudden, but I still went with a casual look to match my mood.

Time skip because I'm lazy

Once I found a parking spot, I got out of my car and looked around the area. Of course, the street was filled with tourists and common people who lived here. Any one of these people could be him. That's when I got the perfect idea on how to locate him.

"I need my current location to be your current location!" I sang at the top of my lungs. Almost every single person turned and stared at me with either wide eyes or confusion.

There was no response back.

"Fly back to me! I need my current location to be your current location!" I heard someone shout back. My heart started rapidly beating as I ran towards where the shout came from. I stopped in my tracks after a minute and looked around again. It looked like there were even more people around now than before. I gotta figure out how to make him describe himself.

'Been on the low when it comes to love.
Said, "Do you like how I look or just how I look on you?"' Once last glance at the people around me, with no one looking like they were interested in me.

I felt a strong hand grip onto mine from behind. I spun around to see a rather built man with chocolate colored hair and blue streaks hanging in the front. He chuckled and gave me a bright smile. 

"I dont know how to respond to those lyrics now." He let go of my hand. "Now, a proper introduction, please, and why you never responded to me until now." His smile turned into dismay as he lowered his head a little.

"My name is Y/N L/N, and I never responded because I don't think I'm that good of a singer." I explained to him. He sighed and shook his head.

"I hope you know I don't care if you're the worst singer in existence, or the best singer in the universe; the world deserves to hear you." The smile returned to his face. He may think the world deserved to hear me sing, but the world deserved to hear him sing.

"Now that I've introduced myself, it's time to return the favor, my fair gentleman." I smirked. His hand nonchalantly gripped mine as his voice lowered.

"My name is Damien Haas, my beautiful mortal. At least, I'm hoping to call you that." He spoke out. The name very vaguely rang a bell, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"I'm hoping you'll call me it. Also, mortal?" I tilted my head slightly. He shook his head in response, letting his hair fly with the wind.

"I don't quite know how to explain it." He used his free hand to rub the back of his neck. "Will you let me take you out sometime soon, please? So we can finally get acquainted after all this time?" His tone went from a cheerful schoolboy to a hopeful auditionee. I felt myself slightly tearing up at his words. "Oh no, please don't cry. I'm not trying to make you feel bad." His hand quickly moved from his neck to my eye where he spotted the tear.

"Yes. I would love that, Mr. Haas." I smiled back at him, joy filling my heart. He chuckled to himself and slightly moved his hand from my eye to my cheek.

"Fantastic. I'll pick you up at 7 on Friday, if you're alright with that. Of course if you already have plans we can move it to some other time-" He quickly started to panic, but I moved my finger to his lips.

"I'm fine with that. Seriously, I am. Now before you go running off, you may need my number." I laughed. He nodded his head and moved his hand from my cheek and let go of my other hand. He whipped out his phone and handed it to me. After we exchanged numbers, he took his phone back and looked at the contact name I put in.

"Sing mate. How clever." He rolled his eyes playfully. "I'll be waiting for you patiently until Friday then, my dear." Little did I know how fast his heart was pounding against his chest.

"I'll be waiting until then too, prince." I smiled.

I was wrong: the entire world didn't deserve to hear him sing; the universe deserved to.

Author's Note
Was this an excuse to use a bunch of songs I love in a story? Perhaps. I also used this as an excuse to look up songs to fit the tone of the story. It wasn't even needed, but I did it anyway. I've always loved soulmate stories, and thought this was a really cute idea when I first came up with it.