Chapter 68, I can't believe this

One day when Michael left the studio I had a brilliant idea. My idea was to surprise him by visiting him at the studio. I got ready to go and locked the door then took a last peek through the window to make sure everything was the way it should be.

Excited, I went to the studio and knocked on the door. Quincy opened the door, a huge smile spread across his smile as he welcomed me inside. Michael saw me and looked my way for a split second then turned his focus back to his notes. My smile faded away slowly and I felt my heartache. I thought he would be happy that I was here but maybe I was just being foolish. Who am I to disturb him while he's working? I should have known that he hates being disturbed.

 Who am I to disturb him while he's working? I should have known that he hates being disturbed

I sat down on one of the chairs and stared at the wall as I heard the clock ticking. After a couple of minutes, someone walked into the room. A strange woman who I had never seen before. She had curly black hair and she was wearing a tight black dress. I held onto the armrest tightly and stared at her, she gave me a cold look.

She got closer to Michael and kissed his lips. He got startled and stared at her then back at me. My heart started to beat faster and I had no idea what to say or do. The anger rushed through my veins and I ran out the door crying. With my heart pounding, tears streamed down my face as I ran in the snow on my way to nowhere. I fell after losing my breath and I just laid there, perfectly still.

Then I could hear someone and I got lifted up. Michael looked at me with a worried expression. It felt as if the tears on my face had frozen into ice and they burned my cheeks so badly. He wiped my tears and hugged me so tightly. "What was that about?" I managed to say through my stuttering.
"I don't know." He said. "Are you and her-"
"No! She's just in my short film don't you worry."
"I don't like her." I said in a cold tone.
As I looked past his shoulder I saw her with a grin on her face. I stared at her with cold eyes and it seemed to have scared her away. "Why weren't you happy when I came to visit you?" I asked without thinking.
He went quiet for a while then took a deep breath.
"Because I was so focused. I didn't mean to be like that, I should've known." He said and tried his best to comfort me, but I still felt so mad, mad at him and her.
I went inside and left Michael behind and sat down again. Then she came in again, I gave her that cold stare again.
"What is it dear?" She asked with a faked polite voice. I didn't answer her, I just continued to stare into her soul with my ice-cold eyes. She backed away slightly and looked at me funny.
"I kissed your man?" She asked and tilted her head.
"You sure did.." I said underneath my breath.
"Do not do that ever again or I'll snap your.." I stopped and realized that I should never threaten another woman even if she was as rotten as a forgotten apple.
"Oh my... Well, I'm sorry. That might not happen again then. You have a feisty wife Michael."
He didn't say anything he just looked at me with those big brown eyes of his. They looked so sad that it made me cry again. I hid my face behind my sleeve. I couldn't take it anymore so I just left.

I heard running behind me and as I turned around there was Michael.
"Do you forgive me?" He asked innocently. "Yes," I sighed.
"I'm sorry I just love you so much and that really hurt my feelings."
"I didn't kiss her! She kissed me." Sheesh, woman, he yelled. I was shocked by his sudden outburst.
"I know, she kissed you." I stuttered.
"I'm sorry for yelling at you baby. I know you don't like that." He said as he wrapped me in his arms. We both looked deep into the fireplace into the beautiful noisy flames. "I think I'll fire her." He said after some moments of silence. "Really, are you sure?"
"Yeah, I don't want to see her face after this." His words made me no longer worry. Trust was something very important to us and I forever trust him.
"I love you," I said and shed a tear.
He wiped it away.
"I love you more." Before I knew it my eyes shut and I fell asleep in his arms.