Chapter One

So, I want to start another story. This one isn't going to be a fan fiction, just a regular romance/ teen fiction/ young adult. I'm going to post the first chapter, and see how it goes. Enjoy!

Edited for your enjoyment!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Name, name, what should the name be..." She tapped her finger nails against the table on which the laptop sat. "A-L-Y-S-O-N G-O-M-E-Z," she typed in the name box. That had been the hardest part of this whole thing. The rest of the sign up form was a breeze to complete, and after successfully opening the profile, she filled out the 'About Me,' section.

"Katherine Dominguez, you have just successfully set up a fake Facebook profile." She wasn't happy with it. She wasn't happy with the reason why she had to, either.

'All over a stupid dare, too. What am I, twelve?'

Katherine Dominguez was seventeen, in her Junior year of high school, the secretary for the school band and the president of her school's University Interscholastic League for academic contests; She also had a crush on the high school player, a girl named Bailey Tylers. It was said crush that had gotten her to where she was at now.

She had been dared to make Bailey fall in love with her, then break her heart.

'That's easier said than done,'

Contrary to the popular belief surrounding players, while Bailey dated and ditched, she wasn't a complete ass. She had a sweet side that pulled at Kat's conscience every time she thought about what she was doing.

'But I've got a good reason!' she reminded herself.

'Just because you don't have the confidence to go up to her yourself doesn't mean this is a good reason.'

'She wouldn't take a second look at me otherwise,'

'Wear make up more often and better fitting clothes and she probably would.'

Kat analyzed her features in the mirror across from her dining room table: dark brown, waist length hair, light brown eyes behind black, boxed framed glasses, a slim nose and chin, with a freckle next to the bridge of her nose under her right eye. She was pretty, but not the pretty Bailey took notice in.

"Yeah, cause make up is the answer to everything." she snapped, her words echoing in the empty house. Slamming the laptop closed she sighed, and got up from the table. She really didn't have any right to be mad. She had agreed to the dare, knew perfectly well what it had entailed, knew perfectly well what could happen if any of this was found out, knew what she would be risking in the end: complete and total embarrassment in front of the entire school and Bailey herself. Kat shook herself out of her thoughts, pushing the laptop away and grabbing the bag of supplies she'd be using to pull off the make over she would have to give herself, before heading up the stairs to her bedroom.

Kat picked out the container holding her brand new green contacts before throwing the rest of the bag of makeup onto her bed. She had never been one for contacts, preferring her glasses, and when she thought all about what she had to do to change her appearance to succeed with the dare, the grimace changed to a full frown. She really wasn't happy with the fact that she had to cover up her freckle. It had been apart of her facial features since she could remember, and was something everyone could identify her with. Her mom had always joked that she was Marilyn Monroe reincarnated, just with darker hair and eyes, and the beauty spot in the wrong place.

An hour later after poking her eye, burning her ear, losing and finding a contact, she finally looked in her bedroom mirror, making sure she had covered everything, and that her hair was done and sitting how she wanted.

"Well, Miss Alyson, don't you look pretty." she muttered to herself. She had curled her hair, leaving it down. Her freckle had been covered, the green contacts were in, doing little to help her see. Her lashes were done up in endless coats of mascara, and she had applied a simple pink eye-shadow to her lids. She knew later on that she would have to add more changes, but at the moment, she was satisfied with the amount she had changed her looks. Grabbing the camera off her bed, she forced a smiled. "Cheese."

********

"Did you do it?"

Kat sighed and leaned her head against the brick wall behind her. Leave it up to Nicole to bring it up this early in the morning. It was six thirty on Monday, and they were sitting in the grass in front of the band hall, waiting for the band's director to show up so they could get inside the building to change for their morning practice.

"Yes, Nicole, I told you I would and I did," she replied. "I finished everything on Saturday night." Nicole Roberts and Kat had been best friends since they were five. Nicole was tall, coming in at 5'6, which wasn't unusual in her family, with dirty blonde hair and baby blue eyes. Kat was slightly envious of the fact that Nik's face was clear of any blemishes, while she had been dealing with the one same stubborn pimple since she was thirteen. Every time she brought up that fact, Nicole was quick to point out that she couldn't be out in the sun for more than five minutes without burning, while Kat had managed to acquire a nice tan over the summer. The girls were like night and day, looks, attitude, and personality wise, but they were as close as sisters.

Sometimes, though, Nicole made Kat want to pull her hair out.

"Did you remember to send the friend request this morning? Do you have at least four other friends so it doesn't look suspicious?" This was one of those times.

"Yes, Nik, stop freaking out," Kat started to rub her temples. "I did everything exactly as we planned."

Nicole sighed, like she was the one having to break a heart. "Good," she smiled now, her features relaxing. "How was your weekend?"

Kat rolled her eyes at the sudden subject change, but proceeded to fill Nicole in on what else happened over the two days they hadn't seen each other. Nicole lamented over her mom not letting her shave the side of her head, but was kind of glad, since she was still on the fence about how she would look. When the director showed up twenty minutes later, the girls walked in and got ready for the morning practice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I've changed around how the story was written. I hate writing 3rd person, I feel it makes everything a lot harder, and slightly more awkward, because you don't get the full affect of how the main character is feeling.

Anyways, I hope you still enjoy the book.