[16]

It was weird, very weird. Were usually professors would give her detentions and scowl at her for no reason, they were being more careful around, paying close attention to her. Even Snape excused her from an essay that she was supposed to give after the task, either way she wasn't going to do it.

Since the second task things changed, but for good this time. Kialo, Aurelius and sometimes Acantha would sit with her to have lunch or on rare occasions during classes. George just recently started to speak to her once again, apologizing about what happened at Hogsmeade, promising he will make it up for her. The only one of her close friends that was down was Hagrid. The poor guy was sad for an unknown reason although Hazel has speculations it has to do with the headmistress of Beauxbatons, Madam Maxine.

The only bad thing was how Rita Skeeter kept on publishing article after article about everything that happens at Hogwarts. She even went as far as saying that she witnessed with her own eyes how Hazel kissed Kialo and then proceeded to kiss Draco. That lead to Lucius Malfoy to send a howler at them, complaining how immature they were. Yes, Hazel searched it upon herself, but still the woman was a burden to have whenever she was around because Hazel couldn't say anything at all.

Last was Cedric, she was becoming closer to the handsome guy. Usually they never have a normal conversation apart from greeting each other in the hallways or at dinner. Recently Hazel noticed how she saw him less and less until not seeing him at all, it was today that she found out through some Ravenclaw girls that he was in the hospital wing.

Hazel walked towards the infirmary feeling nervous all of a sudden.

She entered the place, taking a moment to look for the handsome guy noticing how he was already looking back at her with a smile.

Hazel smiled back and walked to him sitting down on his bed.

"Here, I brought you this" Hazel said handing him a few acid pops. She overheard some girls saying how much he loves them so Hazel sneaked out of the castle to Hogsmeade to buy him the sweets.

Cedric gave her a huge grin taking the sweets from her. "Thank you Hazel. I actually never thought you considered me this close of a friend"

Hazel rolled her eyes pushing him a little. "I do have a heart, unlike what others think" She said chuckling when she saw him raise his eyebrows.

Cedric just stared at her, watching how the green in her eyes looked more vivid under the sun light from the window behind them. "I like you" he blurted out instantly regretting what he said.

She sadly smiled at him knowing he wouldn't like how she truly is. "You don't know me"

"I want to, though" he quietly responded earning a true smile from her showing a dimple she had on her left cheek.

"You have a dimple!" Cedric cheerfully said poking her on the cheek lighting up the mood.

They both stayed talking until Hazel was forced to leave the infirmary since lunch break was over. She walked to DADA not wanting to arrive to the class.

Turning to the last hallway Hazel saw how McGonagall walked her way with determination in her face.

Hazel gave her a small greeting while walking, Cedric managed to put her in a good mood. Suddenly she heard McGonagall call for ber before she disappeared through another hallway.

"Merrythought, I would like to speak to you" McGonagall said instructing the girl to follow.

At least the woman said her actual last name.