[39]

As the young seventeen year old Hazel walked to her mothers room she tried to hide her shaking.

It was all nerve-racking when a parent would scowl at their children, but with her it was different. She used different dark curses whenever possible, torture was always the way Hazel was scowled at. The girl couldn't even explain herself before her mother would strike her with a Curse, and over the years Hazel learned it was better to just shut up rather than opening her smart mouth.

Closing the door to the room Hazel turned to watch the range inside her mother's eyes. She was standing right next a huge window, snow falling from the sky.

"HOW DARE YOU!—How dare you embarrass me in front of the Dark Lord!"

Venom left her lips like water and before Hazel could even think about a reply, an immense pain was felt all throughout her body.

The Cruciatus Curse.

Hazel hasn't felt that familiar pain in years. There used to be a time where she became numb to it, only feeling little to less pain but after years of not having it been used on her made it even more painful, just like the first time. A small cry left her throat but Hazel refused to show any sign of pain to her mother. Instead she just stood there burying her nails inside her palms while she stared at her mothers eyes. The pain was soon gone but replaced with another unfamiliar one.

Her head felt about to explode at the same time as if her body was being burned, strangled by an invisible force. Dark purple bruises started to appear all over her throat as she struggled to breath. An agonizing scream somehow left her throat while she fell down to the floor gripping her stomatch that felt like it was ripping itself apart.

Something inside her mother suddenly snapped because she lowered her wand staring at Hazel as she regained her breath. Looking into her daughters grey eyes reminded her of the time she hopelessly fell in love with Sirius Black, the same gorgeous colour that lead her to make unspeakable things just so she could be the only girl to look at them.

The older woman placed her hand on her mouth as she came closer to the girl believing she was dead, regret instantly filled the woman watching her only daughter suffer on the floor even though the spell was long gone.

Hazel somehow found the energy to stand up. Giving one last look at the woman that makes herself be call mother. Hazel dueled for a moment if to say something or not, always wanting the last word to be said by her but it was enough with the look she casted her way.

Hazel hurried down the hallway going to her room quickly packing everything in an instant with her wand. She cannot take it anymore knowing there are families out there who love their children no matter what, tonight she got to know how a real family acted. Now that she finally has the courage to run away, the opportunity won't slip past her eyes.

Taking her luggage she went down to the fireplace. Grabbing powder she spoke loud and clear, "12 Grimmauld Place" She didn't think about it much, not how they would react when they see her with bruises all over her body. She had no excuse, no lie, not even what she would say to them.

Meanwhile at the Black Manor, Sirius was the last person in the room, all the others left early to their own homes leaving him all alone in the huge house. Sirius was about to turn off the lights when he heard a person coming out of the fireplace.

He saw Hazel with tears in her eyes while she was holding her luggage.

A pang in his chest was felt when observing all the bruises on her body, not much could be seen since she was fully clothed with a long sleeved shirt but the dark purple circles were definitely there. It instantly answered all his questions about her sudden appearance and without thinking twice Sirius stepped closer to her bringing her into a hug.